turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossy oak bottomland?

Started by Swampchickin234, June 22, 2014, 11:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampchickin234

Why is bottomland hard to find this year? For some reason I just love that camo. I've grown up on the old school mossy oak and I just love it. Last year it was everywhere. Now this year, it's really hard to find. I usually buy all my huntin clothes over the summer and I set down today to order some and really could find nothin.  I'm really lookin for some pants in size large.  Any leads would help. And does anyone know why ya any find the russel brand, or hardly any in ol Tom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COssman14

Not 100% but i'm pretty sure I read Russel went out of business.
Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

WV Ridge Reaper

Yeah,I am pretty sure they went out of business.But can be found on eBay from time to time

Ol tom has a good many things in bottomland..Not sure I would use any of it to deer hunt,for the fact of it being light weight.You said buy threw the summer so I am assuming for deer season as well..

How ever if you look at Drake,which is another branch of Ol Tom..They have a good section of bottomland and it is heavier clothing...Also seen a add stating that the company that owns Drake/Ol Tom teamed up with Mossyoak to put out a full line of bottomland for deer hunting.I have yet to see any of those pieces tho.

eBay is a good place as well,I tend to get most of my stuff there..Under Armour has a few pieces in Bottomland but it is super hard to find.And we may get into a bidding war..haha I am a big fan of bottomland.

I would pony up the $$ for a bottomland super sling,if anyone has one laying around.

Swampchickin234

Preciate the replies   Found me some pants!   Mossy oak store has them.   And appreciate the info ridge reaper, but I have lots of drake and mcalister, and some rut wear too.  I was looking for just the good ol cotton pants and button down shirt.  I usually buy a set every 2 years or so, and decided it was time to get some. 

WV Ridge Reaper

Good deal...Yea I checked out that add again,it's Rut Wear that is suppose to do a full line of bottomland this fall.

HartClemson99

Russell closed it's Russell Outdoor division (formerly Mossy Oak Apparel) in the summer of 2012 and what you saw last spring was left over inventory.  You should be seeing more Bottomland in the future.  Mossy Oak's retail store has a good selection of Original and New Bottomland.  Just go to Mossy Oak's website and you will find plenty. 
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

Cove

Wing Supply had a steal on the interceptor cotton pants and shirt.

SKFOOTER

Mack's Prairie Wings mid-weight cotton shirt and pants in Bottomland is the Browning Wasatch clothing line.  They are really good quality apparel. 

ilbucksndux

I heard a nasty rumor that Mossy Oak was going to stop making Bottomland because they only sell it in a few areas of the country. Macks has cotton pants button up shirts and long sleeve t shirts as someone has already mentioned. I plan on stocking up before its all gone.
Gary Bartlow

deadbuck

I bought a pair of Ol Tom bottomland pants to wear this past spring. They are very thin and snag on briars, and they have some yellow in them that makes them look sorta like a leopard print. My teenage son laughed when he saw me wear them the first time.

Swampchickin234

That would be absolutely not good if mossy oak quit making bottomland. Or new bottomland(I like both).  I'm not saying that it could not happen, but I just find it hard to beleive they would quit making that camo. Ill say that if they do, there will be some awful awful mad arkansas boys   Prayers that they don't.  I'm not a guy who matches all the time. I got nat gear, mossy oak, real tree, and so on.  But that bottomland camo just has a lot of memories with me. It's what my grandpa wore and his brothers. Guess I got a little sentimental value to that stuff. Just hate to see the best(IMHO) camo pattern for huntin the bottoms that I love so much just go away.

jbrown

Which do y'all like best, old or new bottomland?? I think I like the new best.

WV Ridge Reaper

I find it hard to believe that they would stop producing it period...If they do I will be really depressed/mad.

Swampchickin234

100% agree with ridge reaper on depressed/mad lol.  J brown, that would be a tie. I love the old stuff, but love the new bottomland probably equally. There both just great camo. I beleive mossy oak shoots themselves in the foot by not offering it more.  Bottomland is a "it ain't broke don't fix it "   The only complaint I ever hear from anybody I associate with about bottomland, is they can't find enough of it. 

Cove

Quote from: deadbuck on June 24, 2014, 02:23:37 PM
I bought a pair of Ol Tom bottomland pants to wear this past spring. They are very thin and snag on briars, and they have some yellow in them that makes them look sorta like a leopard print. My teenage son laughed when he saw me wear them the first time.

You must've got a lemon. . . .  :toothy9:

I've got 4 pairs of the ol tom pants now bc they actually fit, unlike the Russell brand. They are on the thinner side I suppose, but I turkey hunt primarily so I like them thinner. I've got layers that'll work for goat hunting the couple times I go.