North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

The Roaring 20's 2014 Team Score

Started by FullChoke, June 06, 2014, 11:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Gentlemen,

I am proud to announce that the Roaring 20's were able to post a final score for the 2014 Old Gobbler Turkey Contest of 519.22. Barring any other entries from the other teams, (or entry disqualifications) this score puts us in 7th place out of 17 teams. (Team Trumpet Thumpers squeaked past us by 1 point to take the 6th position.)

This year's contest represents the best score that our team has ever posted. We had several members post multiple birds as well as what turned out to be the second highest scoring entry in the entire contest this year with Hooter's 111.188 ostrich! I know that many other hunters struggled with dead silent woods or completely henned up birds this year. No platitudes will make these determined hunters feel any better, but please know that we have all felt those same feelings of frustration that you have experienced and we are with you.

Finally, I want to express how proud I am to be part of this team of gifted hunters who follow their own sensibilities and have risen to the carefully calculated challenge of pursuing the greatest gamebird on earth with the 20 gauge shotgun. You know what so many others are starting to realize that a correctly choked, loaded and diligently patterned 20 gauge shotgun is a deadly 40 yards ( ;)) combination and is not a substandard toy relegated to women and children. We will continue to spread the gospel of the potency of the 20 and invite converts into the fold with open and accepting arms as we always have.

Check back with me here come January 2015 and, what do you say. let's do this again.

Be safe, have fun, kill gobblers.

FullChoke aka Norman

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

jakesdad

Honored to be part of this team again! Hoping to jump back onboard for 2015, some things are gonna change(for me) that I hope will ramp up my turkey hunting success'.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

surehuntsalot

Even though I wasn't any help to the team this year,I am looking forward to next year,and hoping to be a part of the team in 2015
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

gophert

Me and camocutie enjoyed it as usual.  Have a great summer!

xarcher

As a first year 20 gage juice drinker I must first thank you all for allowing me to play along with you all. This team is by far the most active in posts and fellowship in the contest all due to the hard work and commitment of Mr Norman.  So on behalf of the whole team, thanks Norman. So now it will be 9 months before most of us will hear the morning silence broken by that sweet sound. I guess that long time off is why it is so special. You all be safe and let's reload for next year.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Hooter

Yep, enjoyed hanging out with you guys, and being part of this group!!!
Thanks for having me!!!