Previous topic - Next topic

perrysbirds

Nicely done guys!
Keep smacking em!
If I aint out shooting deer
Im home drinking beer

Woodsman4God

Nice Bird Big Mick, way to keep us heading in the right direction,

I know Redarrow starts his hunting today but weather is going to be rough here first few days for him, snowing this am and windy

BOFF

Congrats Anthony!!

GREAT BIRD!!!!!

God Bless,
David B.

BOFF

Congrats Leo on your first gobbler!!!  *High Five*

Glad you got the extra 2 days!! Way to make them count!!

God Bless,
David B.

yella yelper

Dang, redarrow, that was a MAGNUM!  Congrats to you and all others.

hookedspur

I had a fantastic hunt . We got there the eve. before we were to hunt and I watched a wheat field till almost dark ,it was full of birds. I went back in next morning an hour before daylight put out a Jake and a hen deke and then waited ,but not long ,When i left the house we were staying in that morning it was 31 degree's and clear,you could see every star a 30 min drive and the clouds moved in fast.When I sat down, back to a Cottonwood tree, a clap of thunder and a few sprinkles started THE MOST GOBBLEING I have ever heard and this went on for over an hour. At 638 a sing hen flew down in the field and looked back at my dekes I made 1 series of quiet yelps on a Cocobolo Copper I bought from Gobblerstopper ,she turned to me and clucked real loud and it started raining turkeys and it lasted for 3min , I never saw anything like it !!! Now it was raining rain for real a downpour , a coyote entered the field and headed right for the birds I shot the bigger one at 61 yards I didn't know it was that far when I shot but he hit the ground and didn't flop .A bird that had been strutting with the first bird turned and ran straight st me I shot him at 20 on the run ,turned out to be a jake with a full fan. I was using a SBE2 12 with h15 7s and it broke a wing and leg bone on the first bird at that distance.My buddy took the first picture handed me the phone and i turned and took the second one. My Kansas hunt was one I will never forget and ended one 642 on the first morning.
Forgive me for reposting this story by cut and past but if you saw how long it took me to type it you would alow it . :happy0064:

[attachment deleted by admin]
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

anthonyjhallen

Congrats on a great hunt Steve.  Sounds like it was a good one.   :icon_thumright: