turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Morning this season!!!

Started by MazeNBlu3, May 21, 2014, 08:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MazeNBlu3

Me and a friend went out this morning trying to fill his tag, I was the caller and he was the shooter. We got set up and I hit the owl hoot at 430, maybe 10 secs later it was answered by somewhere between 6 and 10 gobblers. We had a hard time trying to pinpoint where they were with that many birds. For the next hour and a half they all sounded off and answered the few calls I threw out. Then it came time to leave the woods and head to work. My buddy was mad he didn't fill his tag. I like taking birds as much as the next guy but what i really love is the birds gobbling first thing in the morning and the feeling it brings waiting for them to come out.

tomstopper

As I have gotten older/mature, I have learned that is not all about the kill but instead the experience of watching the woods come alive and all that nature has to offer. Getting a bird is just a bonus...

2eagles

Quote from: MazeNBlu3 on May 21, 2014, 08:15:33 AM
My buddy was mad he didn't fill his tag.

Maybe look for a new buddy. Or teach him some mornings they gobble, some they don't.  Some mornings it rains.  Some are cold.  If luck is with you, maybe you shoot a turkey.  BUT!! They are all great mornings to be alive.

DirtNap647

Gooserbat

Sure I've been disappointed a lot of times but not mad.  Sounds like someone needs a better perspective.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

mikejd

Turkey hunting is all about the excitement. Shooting the bird is the easy part.
we all know we can do that. I'd much rather have an exiting hunt with no kill then when some lonely quiet gobbler walks in
and I pop him. I always say if it was about the meat we can all go get a purdue for about 10 bucks as apposed to the thousands we spend to chase em around.

Glad you had a good morning.

MazeNBlu3

Were both fairly new to turkey hunting, this is my second full season and his third. I'm all about the chase and being outside. He's a freezer hunter and wall mount hunter. Everyone is entitled to there own set of guide lines right.