OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Opening day bird

Started by contagious, March 17, 2011, 01:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

contagious

Called this up for my friend Tuesday morning,worked him for over an hour,Great start to the season.!!!!!10 inch beard,1 1/8 spurs.

[attachment deleted by admin]

LX_Trkyhntr

Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

sugarray

CONGRATS!!!  How bout a story?  Where are you hunting?
:z-winnersmiley:

contagious

Heard him gobble at day light,two or three times,took thirty minutes or to get where i thought he might be. called four or five times over the next 2 hours and heard NOTHING. At 9 .00 am he cut loose again about 200 hundred yards away,would not answer a call but would gobble on his own every 5-10 minutes.He stayed just out of sight over a ridge,four 45 minutes,and could hear him strutting and drumming the whole time.He moved about 75 yards down the ridge away from us and i put the finishing move on him.Had my friend move up to the edge of the ridge and i moved back 50 yards away from them,called real soft a couple of times,then moved another 30 yards away,and called two more times.He could not stand it  and gobbled and strutted to the top of the ridge to see were she was going and get to meet my friend.!!!! GREAT hunt to start the season,must have drummed 50 times in that hour.!!!

JVA54

Basser69

Beretta686

Congrats, sounds like an awsome hunt
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

turkey slayer

Congrats on a great hunt!

kansas hooks

Congrats to you and your friend.....sounds like an exciting hunt!!!!

hobbes

Sounds like a great hunt.  Congrats to you and your friend!

njdevilsb

Congrats to you both.   :icon_thumright:

Hognutz

Congrats on a nice bird. Sounds like a good hunt, as well..Mike :you_rock: :fud: :newmascot:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

GSLAM95

Congratulations to your bud, nice Tom!

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

bowhunter84

dirtysouth