OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Betty Beretta gets a KS double

Started by WyoHunter, April 28, 2014, 01:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyoHunter

Betty Beretta (my 303 Beretta) and I were successful this past week in KS on two beautiful gobblers. The first pic is of my first bird that had a beautiful dark cinnamon tail and rump feathers. The pic is a little out of focus. Both had good spurs and beards. It was very windy and gobblers were still with hens but Betty Beretta and  Hevi-13 7's made the trip a success.  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on a couple of fine gobblers!!! :icon_thumright:

DirtNap647

tomstopper

Congrats on some beautiful birds...

Gooserbat

Great Job.  I'll be finishing my season in KS with a mid May hunt!
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

boomer

Turkey Trot

Quote from: WyoHunter on April 28, 2014, 01:54:00 AM
Betty Beretta (my 303 Beretta) and I were successful this past week in KS on two beautiful gobblers. 

Is it an A-303 Beretta?

I'd like to see a good picture of it.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

WyoHunter

My Betty Beretta is an A303. As you can see she is in full camo which she prefers. Here's a pic of her with Baby Beretta my 20 ga. AL 391 Urika. Great turkey guns!

Turkey Trot

I had a camo skin on mine for a while.

I have a strap that looks similar to the one on it.  A Butler Creek?

I'm curious what you did to attach the strap at the front behind the mag cap.  Those guns were not made with synthetic stocks and I've never found a simple end cap with swivel connector.  I saw an and cap with a large loop on it for a whopping $50 but passed.  I don't want to tap the stock for a swivel and the absence of an endcap with a swivel stud limits the options.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

WyoHunter

On my A303 I drilled a hole in the magazine cap and attached a QD swivel base. On the 20 ga. the swivel connection is a separate piece that fits between the magazine cap and the magazine tube. It came with the gun. Both are fitted with "The Claw" slings that I really like because they DO NOT slip off your shoulder.  Both butt stocks are fitted with a QD swivel base stud.

marshboy

Bob,
Glad to see you're still around, and making em pay at that!
Congrats on the KS gobblers!
Hitting the Black Hills soon?
Greg

WyoHunter

Not sure I'll be hunting the Black Hills NF in WY this year. Lots of snow and the birds have been having a hard time the last couple of years. Good hearing from you Greg!  :icon_thumright: