OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What would you do

Started by Spitten and drummen, April 24, 2014, 12:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

I will try to be brief. One of my buddies broke down and ordered a custom box call from a well known callmaker. He received the box call and it really sounded horrible. Buddy contacted callmaker and was told they would send him a replacement. Season was half way over so he wanted it fast. He was told they would charge him for another and send it out right away. They said that as soon as they received the original one, they would refund the charge. Second call arrives and im telling you it sounded dead. It would have no business in the woods. Both calls sounded as though it was no time put into tuning them. Buddy sent that one back and requested a refund. Two weeks later he has no calls and no 200 bucks. He has tried calling and emails and still has not gotten a reply or return call back. How should this be handled. Thanks
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

CrustyRusty

Did he get refund for original call.  Does he have proof they received the second call.  If he has proof, and if he payed by credit card, then he may want to call cc company.  If not, then send certified letter outlining the details of the purchases and if he still doesn't have luck he may have to litigate.

longbeard11

pretty ridiculous!! Definitely wouldnt be ordering anything else from that person.  Hopefully he gets it lined out soon

CT Spur Collector

Report him to the BBB, your state's governor's hotline (if you have one) or the state's AG. You'll get some action.

Spitten and drummen

He paid by credit card and he never received any refund. Pretty sad that this guy wont even respond. And yes he sent the calls priority mail and the tracking number shows the last call delivered on april 3rd
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

strutnrut

IMO your buddy shouldn't have had to send a payment for a call he wasn't happy with, much less a replacement call. This may be a case of where pressure on the forum will help him receive an end result. This is uncalled for IMO ..

headbanger

Very pi$$ poor way to do business...if I ran my business this way...well...I wouldn't be in business. I agree that maybe peer pressure might work but if not I only see one recourse for your friend. A couple of phone calls from BBB or his state agency may be enough of a kick in the pants to the call builder to get his money refunded.

jordanz7935

coyotetrpr

yes who is the call maker maybe at least save someone else the hassle
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

CrustyRusty

Have him call the credit card company, they may actually help him out. Man that stinks, I hate getting ripped off.  Good luck to him...

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 24, 2014, 03:05:38 PM
He paid by credit card and he never received any refund. Pretty sad that this guy wont even respond. And yes he sent the calls priority mail and the tracking number shows the last call delivered on april 3rd

DirtNap647

I would be pushin the issue

Spitten and drummen

If its not resolved in 7 days i will surely give out the callmakers name. Im gonna see if he does right and give him plenty of ample time to do so.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

MEbeardlover

I would give them a chance to make it right. You would like to think this type of thing is the exception, not the norm.

Recently, I got the chance to talk with a veteran turkey hunter who uses box calls almost exclusively. He owns several custom calls, but in his experience, if tuned properly, calls off the shelf can rival his custom calls.

In no way am I passing judgment on custom call makers or users. I was just intrigued by his experience with various box calls. Unfortunately, I did not have time to get him to talk about how he tunes both custom and mass produced calls.

hunter-b