OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Snake Boots - Again

Started by FL-Boss, April 23, 2014, 12:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

My first two pairs of waterproof snake boots were Rocky's. I concur with you, they are pieces of garbage. Both leaked soon after getting them. Then I switched to the Bass Pro brand of waterproof snake boots. They were very good! They held up well, were lightweight, very comfortable, and did not start leaking for 2 to 3 years, for every pair of them I bought. At $80 a piece, you could not pass them up. I was willing to pay $80 a piece every 2 to 3 years to have waterproof snake boots. Unfortunately they stopped making the style that I like.
I recently decided to spend my Cabelas bucks on a pair of Danners. I had heard good things about them. However, they leaked the very first time that I wore them. I sent those pieces of garbage back to Cabelas for a refund. Now I am in search of a new pair of snake boots that are waterproof.

Sent from my 1960's rotary phone using Tapatalk

neal

Russell moccasin company in Berlin, WI the best and last boots you'll ever buy. I went though the same thing new pair every year or two these things are top notch built exactly for your feet. They are not cheep but you won't buy another pair. Get them triple vamped and treat the leather they wont leak.

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

GomerPyle

Quote from: jblackburn on April 23, 2014, 12:57:47 PM
I got a pair of Muck Woody Armours this year.  Rattlesnakes in some of the area's I hunt, but it's been cool, so I don't think they're out much, yet.  Seem pretty tough, but I'd rather not have a real test . . .

I almost bought the muck woody armors a few times but I've never been able to find anything from Muck that actually claims them tonne snake boots. They always marketed them as puncture resistant burn only refer to sticks/briars/etc. They never specifically claimed them to  be snake proof.
[From a buddy re: turkey hunting]
"the best advice I can give you is to run from it like it's crystal meth"

Ridge Rooster

I like my Danner snake boots. I have had them for several seasons, only wear them during turkey season, and they have held up great and are still water proof even though I have never retreated them with anything. We hunt some very rough steep country in Kentucky, and they are great and I would recommend them!

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Muzzy61

One more vote for the Bass Pro shop's zip up version. Here in florida i wear mine almost year round when in the woods hunting or scounting.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

fl panhandler

I'm with Neal. I have a pair of Russell Moccasin triple vamped snake boots. I use Obenhaufs protectant on them. Had them ten years this year. They have never leaked. The last snake boot I will have to buy and custom made for my feet.
Rick

oSu Cowboy

I got a pair of the Irish Setter Vapetrek a few weeks ago. So far they have been waterproof and very comfortable. I just came back from a week trip in Arkansas and Oklahoma walked several miles each day in them. I have been impressed so far.

ltprod

Danner or russell moccasin

nitro

:z-twocents:

Russell Turkey Hunter Lites and Obenauf's a couple times a year.......

Best boots money can buy. Custom made in the USA to your feet (not some generic size XX mold in China)..

Buy once, cry once..
Royal Slam 2008

L.F. Cox

Russell Moccasins are great boots.....I have 8 or 10 pair of different Russells.

I have a pair of 10" Russell snake boots for short snakes.....had the taller version and didn't care for it.

Get in tall wet grass and I can personally guarantee your feet will get wet....Obenauf's or not.

Someone needs to come out with a snake proof face mask for the X'spurt belly crawlers out there...

Huntaholic

Danners SUCK. Ive had 3 pair, still got 2, and EVERY one of them leaked within 2 months. Rocky is worse than danner. I HATE HATE HATE wet feet but Ive yet to find a truly waterproof leather/cordura boot since the old original rockys that were made in ohio. If its wet or Im hunting or walking across fields in the morning, Im wearing my lacrosse alphas. Nothing else Ive found will keep my feet dry.