turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

REDEMPTION!!!!

Started by jakesdad, April 22, 2014, 10:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakesdad

After yesterdays fiasco of knocking down a bird two times and losing him,today I moved to the east side of the farm I was hunting as I had heard birds in there earlier during several of my morning listening sessions.Had 2 birds close to where I was set up and 2-3 more in the near distance.He doesn't gobble much on the roost but really lights it up once he's down.Gave a few yelps on my Hot Hen and he's coming hard.Figure he would stick to the road that is from his roost tree to where I am but of course he stays inside the timber line about 20 yds.He comes into view struttin and hammerin,wont give me a clear shot.He gets almost to where I can shoot and her comes a hen.Why not,thats how my luck has been.She walks right between the two of us about 15 yds from me going the other way!He breaks strut and kinda has that "hey aint I good enough for ya" look and proceeds to follow right after her. He didn't make it.

22 lbs 13 oz  10 " beard  1 1/8" spurs.Score: 65.325  Done at 7:00 am.

Lets say I am in a much better mood today.Fullchoke if ya don't mind i'll email you the pics later this afternoon if you wouldn't mind adding them to my post or starting another.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

FullChoke

How did you know one year in advance that you would let one get away and then kill one? You're physic!

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.