OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Finally Heard A Bird

Started by redmag, April 17, 2014, 11:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redmag

Season came in last sat. and have not heard a bird until today.  But, No gobbling on the roost as usual.  I was standing against a big tree listening hopeful of a gobble and up through the woods about 150 yds I see a turkey.  I made a couple of soft calls and I saw the bird turn in my direction and at about 1/2 the way to me he gobbles and I answer softly.  The next time he gobbles he is no closer but moving lateral to me.  He then gobbles 1 or 2 times more as he moved below me at about 80-90 yds and gobbles once more and I think he went underground.  Very slow so far. 

jblackburn

keep after him, you know he's there!

What state you in?
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

redmag

I live in WV but right now I am hunting VA.  Our woods are totally open, cold yesterday and this morning.

WV Ridge Reaper

Keep at em I have faith in ya.You ol spring chicken!!

DirtNap647

redmag

Ridge Reaper,  I forgot about the jake I heard.  He was on private ground close enough to a house that kids were crowing like a rooster and making him gobble.  When the school bus came he shut up.  I am afraid to get too close as the place looks like something out of Deliverance.  We'll see what he does in the AM.  3:30 AM wakeups are wearing this old spring chicken.  They stocked the 2 streams here today.  I don't mess with them.

WV Ridge Reaper

Haha that's funny about the kids makin the turkey gobble.

I checked my trail cams today..Looks like everyone is splitting up,I am going to try and make it out in the morning to have a listen.

Ten four on the trout truck followers!!