OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help with mouth call

Started by Solid Snake, March 16, 2011, 07:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solid Snake

I ordered a mouth call from Hooks and it looks like it arrived today. I have never used one and wanted to see if you guys could give me some tips/advice. I tried to search for this but didn't come up with much. I'm sure there are some good videos on youtube too but thought I would ask here first.

drum817

The best advice I can give you is to practice A LOT and listen to real turkeys. As far as explaining how to use it I would suggest that you look at these videos.  They should get you going.  If you have anymore questions you can PM me and I'll give you my phone number and you can call me....it would be much easier to explain over the phone.  You are already one step ahead by ordering Hooks...because they are some of the easiest to use in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UBwkHwPZaE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju5gSS-wmmA&feature=relmfu
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Lumpy

Our calls aren't over stretched, so it dosen't require a lot of air pressure. And I aggre with drum, their are tons of videos on Youtube!
God Bless
It's not a religon, it's a relationship, JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!!!

Hook's Custom Calls Prostaffer
www.hookscalls.com

Solid Snake

Thanks drum and lumpy!! I watched both and will probably watch them a couple more times but that gives me a starting point. I really appreciate the help. Time to go practice!!!

TauntoHawk

you tube has some nice short clips but a good CD will help alot. I got one and would practice everytime i was in the car alone. work well after a couple of unsucessful attepts at learning previously
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Solid Snake

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 16, 2011, 11:30:13 PM
you tube has some nice short clips but a good CD will help alot. I got one and would practice everytime i was in the car alone. work well after a couple of unsucessful attepts at learning previously

I practiced in my car this morning on my way to work. I have about a 45 min drive so I think that's my plan!

Gag reflexes suck!!!!