OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Passing It On 5yr old Tags first bird (video)

Started by poeboy18, April 06, 2014, 07:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poeboy18

Knocking Heads Off

Bamastrutter

poeboy that was awesome man I have an 8 year old boy and a 11 year old girl and it has been a race to see who can kill there first bird. Both have had birds within 20 yards and was not able to close the deal with that being said a big congrats to the little man for laying the smack down. I have killed a lot of birds but none of those will compare to the emotions I will have watching my kids take there first. Thanks for sharing I know you was very proud and full of joy. :you_rock:

poeboy18

Quote from: Bamastrutter on April 07, 2014, 10:41:44 PM
poeboy that was awesome man I have an 8 year old boy and a 11 year old girl and it has been a race to see who can kill there first bird. Both have had birds within 20 yards and was not able to close the deal with that being said a big congrats to the little man for laying the smack down. I have killed a lot of birds but none of those will compare to the emotions I will have watching my kids take there first. Thanks for sharing I know you was very proud and full of joy. :you_rock:
Thanks man. Although he is my cousin me and Chad are more like Brothers. Chads dad took me hinting and was with with me when I killed my first bird. The crazy part  is that he shot it with a Winchester 37a 20 Single shot. Chads uncle bought for his dad. He killed his 1st deer with it Chad and myself both killed our 1st deer with it, and now Rulan killed his first bird with it
Knocking Heads Off

cwhite

poeboy18

Can't wait till I get my daughter out there next year.
Knocking Heads Off

WVhuntEER

This is what it is all about!  What a special memory for all involved.  Great job Chad, Matt, and Rylan.   Keep laying the smack down on the gobblers.  Guys, if you haven't tried Rush Calls please do so.  Great calls made by great people.   :boon:

Super X3

Too cool.

My oldest was 7 when he got his first.....can't imagine 5 years old. Awesome.

poeboy18

Yeah he was stoked had to put the call in to Chads dad I know he wanted to be there.
Knocking Heads Off

poeboy18

Knocking Heads Off

poeboy18

Chad and I are hunting the same farm this weekend so I hope that we see some more birds.
Knocking Heads Off

Spring_Woods

That's what it's all about! Passing the torch! He wasn't willing to deal there at the end dad, so sorry! Congrats guys!
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

RutnNStrutn

5 years old!! That's awesome!! :you_rock: Congrats and thanks for sharing!! :icon_thumright:

Bigspurs68

He has no idea who I am but tell that little man I'm proud of him. Great job.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

poeboy18

Thanks you all for the comments it means a lot that all of you are enjoying it all.
Knocking Heads Off