News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Spraying for ticks

Started by memert116, April 05, 2014, 07:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

Quote from: mtsrunner on April 06, 2014, 09:36:25 AM
I am trying it for the first time this year. I used a whole bottle on my Rhino XP-1 blind and let it dry for about 6 hours outside on a nice breezy day. It rained all day opening weekend, so I guess I will find out if a whole day of rain is equal to 'several washings'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personally I don't use Sawyers.  I buy a quart of 10% permethrine off E-bay or at my local Farm Supply for about $20 and mix 1 oz in a 20 oz bottle for a .5% solution.  More cost effective than Sawyers.

Cut N Run

I love the Duration permethrin concentrate (bought @ amazon ~$40).  Dilute 1/2 oz. of the concentrate to 18 oz. of water, soak or spray your clothes heavily, then let it dry thoroughly.  I didn't get a single tick or chigger bite last year.  The places I hunt are infested with 'em. One farm owner walked from her barn to her well and got 17 ticks on her.  I walked right beside her wearing treated clothes and didn't have a single one on me. It is almost magic. 

Add a Thermacell and you've got your own personal insect force field working.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Skeeterbait

Duration concentrate is what I use now too.  I put it in a small pump spray bottle with adjustable nozzle I bought at a garden center.  I mix it 20:1 to get the 10% concentrate to a .5% spray. An 8 oz bottle will make 168 oz of spray. Will save money in the long run.

Twowithone

Thanks for the reminder. Were 26 and a wake up here In Pa. :OGturkeyhead:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

memert116

I've got one day and a wake up before leaving for Texas...:)   Also got a call from my buddy in S.C. says I should hit it about right by getting there on the 16th.... :)