OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Anybody here who doesnt wear camo turkey hunting?

Started by jakesdad, April 04, 2014, 02:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakesdad

I know lots of times in the fall I wear plain brown carhartt pants and a older trebark flannel shirt;just wondering if there is anybody who doesnt wear camo at all(or minimal anyway)when turkey hunting.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Gooserbat

When I lived in Missouri I hunted a lot of amish country and they would wear gray/lack, but one thing I noticed was they would wear a face mask as well. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

shadetree callers

Fall turkey and deer season coincide in Ohio. Brown carharrts wouldnt be wise .

g8rvet

I often hunt before work and I will wear plain green or brown colored pants (Carhartt knockoffs). 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

TnRidgeRunner

IMHO camo doesn't really matter...you could wear a green suit with brown tie and they won't see you unless you move.

ShortSpurs

Speaking about camo, remember when we all hunted with a blued-steel and walnut gun, and the turkeys never noticed when we changed-over to camo'd guns  :funnyturkey:

memert116

IMHO....lots of common sense answers here.   I do wear all the camo stuff but probably more for me than the turkeys or deer....LOL.   I do agree that we need to cover the exposed skin and HOLD STILL...:)