beagler

Never Misses

Mike Honcho

renegade19

slamman

tomstopper

DirtNap647

ChiefBubba

So here's the story of how it went. This is a small property next to a public WMA here. It has a set of the Big Power lines running through it and last week I saw a Gobbler with a buddy and a hen strutting out under the power lines. I had set up on them last week there but a hen pulled them away. So set up in the same spot, come daylight thought I heard a gobble way off. A few minutes later a for sure gobble but about 500 yards up the power line and on the WMA side. Thought about cutting the distance but stuck with my spot because sounded like he was getting closer and I know they like walking down the access road beyond the trees that line the fence in front of me. Hit the call and he double gobbled so put the call in my pocket and told myself let him come because he's fired up. Then heard some hens on his side and thought they're gonna screw me up. After about 10 mins I couldn't stand and hit the call. I'm hearing hens all over but not seeing them. So everything gets quiet and I don't hear anything I'm thinking the hens carried him off. So just sitting and about a 3/4 or a mile behind me on the road a Police or Fire truck hits the siren and he gobbled right in front of me over the trees about 100 yards out. I thought sneaky SOB! I yelped a few times and purred a few minutes passed I hear wing beats and here he comes over the trees and drops about 15 yards in front. I'm confessing up in my excitement I don't think I anchored the gun good and I shot over he's head he's starts running and I pulled on him and he couldn't outrun those Hevi Shot #7s. Drops like a bag of hammers and no flopping. I'm pretty happy I got him to fly over those trees. I'll remember this one for a long time. Chief

JVA54

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Ross R

Quote from: ChiefBubba on April 03, 2014, 12:27:53 PM

Quote from: g8rvet on April 03, 2014, 12:23:02 PM
Nice job Chief.  I assume you are the same Chief I know from the duck hunting site. Even if you are not, still nice job brother.

Yes the same Chief. Thank you.

There's a couple of us on here.   Congrats on the bird right at the end there.

RutnNStrutn

That's awesome Bubba!!! Glad you got the job done! Congrats brother!!!

Sent from my 1950's rotary phone using Tapatalk

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Longshot

Hunt with your children today and you won't have to hunt for them tomorrow.

Bamastrutter