OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What pistol grip stock you running on your Remington?

Started by lung, April 01, 2014, 04:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lung

Been considering getting a pistol grip/thumb hole stock. I prefer adjustable length of pull. Im looking for a mossy oak pattern, but really doesnt matter. I really like the adjustable length of pull mossberg is putting on their turkey guns, but cant find who makes it. Looks like Im going to have to try the sureshot thumbhole stock remington has.

Im considering getting the NRS blackhawk, but no camo available. What are you using?

mossyoakpro

I have the Knoxx on my 20 gauge and a Shurshot on one of my 12 gauge guns....both are nice, the Shurshot has a raised comb that feels very comfortable to me.

Can't go wrong with either IMO.

Best of luck!
Phillippians 4:13

Turkey Trot

I have one for an 1187 that I believe to be a SteadyGrip.  I passed over other brands out concern for drop at the comb.  The SG still has a bit much to suit me because that gun shoots low anyway and needs adjustable sights. 

That pistol handle pokes me a lot when walking and going through brush and kinda bugs me and I generally don't consider it as comfortable to carry on the move as a conditional stock. 

I may try a ShurShot on it some day for an option with less drop at the comb.   
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Jasonb53

FloppinTom

Go early, stay late, be patient and sit still.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

captin_hook

SwampHunter11b

I have 3 shurshot stocks, 2 on 870's 1 on an 11-87. I was a little skeptical at first but these stocks are great. Raised comb is perfect for adjustable sights/optics. The pistol grip is textured and contoured to fit hand very comfortably. Great stock.

bigquacks

I just put a Shurshot on my 870 12ga last week and I love it. Handles great and feels real good too. Very easy to replace the old stock with one of these.
Just shop around, I had a gift card I used on part of my total, and then I found it quite a bit cheaper elsewhere. :angry9:

Turkey Trot

I've read comments by some that state that a SureShot for an 870 will fit an 1187.

Is that true?

Or true for later models?

I have an older 1187 going back to about 99 or 2000, and the rib is 5/16 whereas new ones measure at 1/4, so sights supposedly made for a Remington will not fit it.  I'm uninformed but curious about what other surprises there would be between an older gun and a recent one.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

bowmike

knoxx/Blackhawk talon stock on my 870. camo is next. It has a recoil reduction system as well. There is a storage compartment in the butt stock as well. Doubt I will use it, but could come in hand for something I guess. Very easy to hold the gun still while resting on your leg with the thumbhole. Haven't shot any turkey loads from it but the nitro pheasant shell seemed to be ate up by the recoil pretty well. I will let you know how it handles the hevi shot this weekend if the weather is decent enough to pattern the gun.

No complaints and EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE through these guys. I got the gun off of ebay, and the guy took out the retaining pin to the stock. I sent it to black hawk for replacement. It took them a little bit but the stock was on a 6 month backorder. The sales rep found me the Remington top part, and got me my stock back rather quickly. I am very happy with the look, functionality, and customer service with this company. THe stock is a bit pricey though.

bowmike

no adjustable length of pull on this stock though.

remmy1187

Quote from: Turkey Trot on April 04, 2014, 01:41:14 PM
I've read comments by some that state that a SureShot for an 870 will fit an 1187.

Is that true?

Or true for later models?

I have an older 1187 going back to about 99 or 2000, and the rib is 5/16 whereas new ones measure at 1/4, so sights supposedly made for a Remington will not fit it.  I'm uninformed but curious about what other surprises there would be between an older gun and a recent one.
I have swapped the shurshot stocks from 11-87 to 870 in both 12 and 20 gauge and they fit both receivers the same for me.

bawana

I'm shooting a Choate pistiol grip with adjustable butt plate.

wirtbowhunter

I'll be watching this thread, I've been thinking of installing a adjustable length stock on my 20 ga 870.