only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

how would you hunt these goblers?

Started by houagie, April 01, 2014, 11:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

houagie

g8rvet

Quote from: houagie on April 02, 2014, 10:14:56 AM
there is a tree line next to the fence...i was planning on putting two hen dekes in the field and setting up in the trees...only problem is my back would be somewhat facing the direction they'd be coming from...would this scenario work or should i find somewhere else to set up....this would be my only set up since the treeline is right up agianst the fence...unless i use a pop up blind and set up in the field....what would you do?
Yesterday morning I was waiting on a silent bird. I had already seen several hens come by the normal path they took, so I was waiting on the Tom to follow them. My daughter texted me from school where she is interning and that is unusual, so I reached down and checked her text (it was not an emergency). As I placed it back down, from behind me I heard the sound we all hate, "PUTT, PUTT, PUTTT".  Crap.  Try to set up differently if you at all can.  Unless you can build a virtual wall of brush to your back (which you might be able to do).  It is nice to have one walking away from you toward your dekes.  Something really fun about a single cluck, a raise of the head and a boom.  Or put a blind in the woods. I know they work, but I just can't get myself to use one.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

houagie

i hear ya...i don't like blinds myself, just for the fact that its a pain to carry...especially if your hunting far from the car and want to make 1 trip....i will see if i can make a make shift blind in the tree line to cover my back...it should be simple enough!....i'll let you guys know how it turns out....2 weeks to go...can't wait!!!

ssettle

Do your best to let them know your there. Hit them with a fighting purr or anything you think of. Then just set and wait. I was always told if a turkey shows some interest you always have a chance. A lot also depends on the time of the season the hens may leave also watch for the silent birds, I've been busted by the quite ones before.