OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Called Indian Creek

Started by talltines, March 15, 2011, 08:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bird

Quote from: Spurgetter on March 15, 2011, 09:31:48 PM
Quote from: bird on March 15, 2011, 09:36:42 AM
Bad batch of ammo, yeah right!  If that is what the guy said then I would say that is a piss poor excuse for lack of performance.  I haven't heard of any other choke companies having performance problems with Hevi-13 #7's.  

How come the people that absolutly do not have a clue what they are talking about always have to talk? Blows my mind

In my opinion it is a bad business decision and a piss poor excuse to point fingers at another company for an issue that may or may not be the cause of the problem to begin with.  If you truly feel that it is a Hevi-13 issue then prove it.  Don't just blame them because you have a vested interest in IC.  Back up your claims and prove what you are saying before you try blaming another company.

jmo
bird

knightrider

if people dont like ic or hevi than buy something else, geez :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :bike2: :begging: :begging:

S.C.C

:agreed: :agreed:

And answer some simple questions about your product IC.!!!! :goofball:

Gobble!

Quote from: S.C.C on March 16, 2011, 05:19:21 AM
Spurgetter I'm sure this will take some heat off the busted IC. chokes and finish coming off the new stainless chokes.I myself own 13 of your chokes and they are good shooters,but do have a few ?'s to ask you.Are the chokes being sold on GunBroker the ones made from the inferior metal?Why did you switch from carbon to stainless?Why does your choke internals get gouged and chipped and dented up after only a few shots of HEVI?Can the Fed. HW FCW really be shot thru your chokes without a problem?Why do your chokes sound like a harp out of tune when it brushes across a limb in the woods or when I go to remove a leaf or twig from the slotted ports.How many chokes have you had fail/break over the years?And what do you think was the cause?Just a few for now seeing you are a member of O/G now!

I would like to hear the simple answers as well.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteI knew I shoulda bought Winchester

Don't forget that Winchester changed the pellets in XRHD a few years back.

And Federal changed their Wad design.

Win Sup HV Lead may come back in style before it's all said and done.

What a joke this is all starting to be. :TooFunny:

stinkpickle

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on March 16, 2011, 11:52:16 AM

True dat!

boyhowdy

Quote from: stinkpickle on March 16, 2011, 11:53:46 AM

True dat!

and whats really funny is the shells are $5 bucks a pop -- and 99.9 of em I shoot I would kill with lead anyway -- screw it - I'm going back to lead #4's

Gobble!

Quote from: boyhowdy on March 16, 2011, 12:05:15 PM

True dat!

and whats really funny is the shells are $5 bucks a pop -- and 99.9 of em I shoot I would kill with lead anyway -- screw it - I'm going back to lead #4's

now your thinking  :icon_thumright:

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I can see the classified ads now:

"New Old Stock Hevi13 For Sale"

archery1

he said maybe it was the ammo.. never said it was a bad batch. get this discussion ended. all companies change there products cause of marketing ,price, quality. we all have done it. well i think i will shoot the 7's cause everybody is gettin better numbers....
Take a kid hunting

boyhowdy

Quote from: Gobble! on March 16, 2011, 02:13:14 PM
Quote from: boyhowdy on March 16, 2011, 12:05:15 PM

True dat!

now your thinking  :icon_thumright:

or maybe I'll just pound paper 50-11 times seeing how many little bitty holes I can put in it at 40 yards -- that's a hell of a lot more fun than actually calling turkeys up to a reasonable distance and killing them anyway

Ctomp1974

Has anyone bothered to read the original post closely. "The (guy) said they have been getting complaints" He does not say its a fact that there is a bad bunch of shells. Original poster also said "He seems to think there is a bad bunch of shells". Did the guy actually say that or did the O.P. assume what the guy was thinking? Either way, are they not entitled to form some opinion based on what info is available to them. Then the bashing begins!
  Now there is a different post complaining or questioning of all the descrepencies in Hevi-shot? So which is it Guys? Its laughable that some of you guys sure don't have a problem forming and voicing an opinion based on the info you get.

I've been coming to this site almost daily for about three years, even though I only have 200 posts. Every day The bashing gets worse. This site is going from a really positive, helpful atmosphere to a site more like ArcheryTalk where its constant Bashing. True to the "fanboy" mentality. "what I use is great and what you use sucks!"

Just one guys Opinion,
Clint

drum817

Quote from: Ctomp1974 on March 16, 2011, 04:05:13 PM
Has anyone bothered to read the original post closely. "The (guy) said they have been getting complaints" He does not say its a fact that there is a bad bunch of shells. Original poster also said "He seems to think there is a bad bunch of shells". Did the guy actually say that or did the O.P. assume what the guy was thinking? Either way, are they not entitled to form some opinion based on what info is available to them. Then the bashing begins!
  Now there is a different post complaining or questioning of all the discrepancies in Hevi-shot? So which is it Guys? Its laughable that some of you guys sure don't have a problem forming and voicing an opinion based on the info you get.

I've been coming to this site almost daily for about three years, even though I only have 200 posts. Every day The bashing gets worse. This site is going from a really positive, helpful atmosphere to a site more like ArcheryTalk where its constant Bashing. True to the "fanboy" mentality. "what I use is great and what you use sucks!"

Just one guys Opinion,
Clint

Hevi-13 has been (and still is) notorious for changing components on certain loads then calming they didn't do it....that is a FACT and has been proven by guys cutting them open and removing wads,counting pellets and weighing powder content.  I read the guys first post and put up a picture of my pattern with Xtended #6's which is the load he was asking about.  What's the big deal if the topic gets a little side tracked ?  There are some of us who spend a fair amount of money to set up a gun with a certain load and when the company changes the load...guess what ?....you get to start all over and that ain't cool. 

IF someone will send me a Hevi-13 3.5" #7 from this years lot I will cut it open and compare it to one that I have from last years lot and check for inconsistencies....I bet ya they changed the load....and if not I will make a formal apology to all the board members.   There are several guy's getting real low numbers with a shell that was shooting in the 300's... What else could it be ?  I'd love the hear your hypothesis.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Ctomp1974

Drum,

Thank You for making my point! This is an post about an I.C. choke pattern and phone call. When "The Guy" at I.C. dared to question the Hevi Shot loads or batch, several people implied that it was an excuse(piss poor) and so on. Even people that should know better had plenty to throw in the mix.

I agree 100% that the issue with poor patterns with an indian creek and hevi-shot more than likely lies with hevi-shot. We know that an IC is capable of putting up some great numbers with the 7's. Your patterns are a good example.

Clint

bird

Quote from: Ctomp1974 on March 16, 2011, 06:22:29 PM
Drum,

Thank You for making my point! This is an post about an I.C. choke pattern and phone call. When "The Guy" at I.C. dared to question the Hevi Shot loads or batch, several people implied that it was an excuse(piss poor) and so on. Even people that should know better had plenty to throw in the mix.

I agree 100% that the issue with poor patterns with an indian creek and hevi-shot more than likely lies with hevi-shot. We know that an IC is capable of putting up some great numbers with the 7's. Your patterns are a good example.

Clint

Rule number 1 in business..... Never point blame or imply blame on another unless you have proof that your business or product is first not at fault.  Basic business 101.  My point being is that allot of people jumped the gun and still are jumping the gun without first having all the hard facts sitting in front of their face.