OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

competing with boss hen?

Started by cohuttariverrat, March 24, 2014, 10:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridgerunner

You're gonna lose any competition when it's comes to vocalizations of a live turkey Vs. yourself..

Turkey hunting isn't the NWTF Grand Nationals. No one to impress but the birds and they care less. Keep it simple...and kill more birds...sound like a turkeys...not Michael Waddel.

Frank G

Quote from: ridgerunner on March 25, 2014, 12:58:53 PM
You're gonna lose any competition when it's comes to vocalizations of a live turkey Vs. yourself..

Turkey hunting isn't the NWTF Grand Nationals. No one to impress but the birds and they care less. Keep it simple...and kill more birds...sound like a turkeys...not Michael Waddel.

100% agree and a 1000% about MW  :goofball:

Frank G  In Tennessee

bowmike

Don't dismiss using a gobble call. I did that with the gobbler I harvested last year. I figured maybe she may want to come check out the new guy. Sure enough I did a double gobble, he hammers, I did a few yelps he hammers closer, I gobbled 1 more time and shut up. Did a few clucks and sure enough here she comes down the ridge. She walks past with him in tow. BOOM good night Sally. I will admit I thought the bird might be inferior from the first time I called to him with a yelp, and he sounded off from far away. Might not work if it is a more mature bird.