OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Got 'em!

Started by bamagtrdude, March 22, 2014, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamagtrdude

Got one! Shot @ 9:30am at 28 steps. 20 lbs, 8" beard, 1" spurs; gobbled twice, and then couldn't stay away from the WoodHaven Custom Calls Red Wasp & the Spring Creek purpleheart/cedar box call - happy!!  :blob10:

Thank you Woodhaven Calls, Spring Creek Turkey Calls (told you this box was good, Mike!! :) Winchester, & Primos Tight Wad!
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

slamman

congrats on a successful hunt.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

DirtNap647

boomer

Congrats!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

bamagtrdude

Thx guys; Thx Tim - it happened in literally under 10 minutes; had just stepped out of my truck & I heard him gobble; he gobbled a 2nd time as I was RUNNING FULL BLAST to an adjacent ridge; by the time I got to the top of the ridge & threw out the decoys, I had to run the box call 'cause I was so out of breath!!  hahaha...

He never gobbled again; came in, quiet as a mouse, & when he topped the ridge, he was within gun range; hung @ 28 steps, so I lowered the boom.  15 minutes total hunt, and I'm driving back to the house to skin him out!  Had taken my daughter with me hunting this morning, and we struck out; she was tired & didn't want to go back.  Bet she'll take me up on my offer to take her again next time!  :)
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

JVA54

alloutdoors

tomstopper

Mike Honcho

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box