Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

bought a avian jake strutter decoy help!?!

Started by drywallerdave, March 18, 2014, 02:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drywallerdave

what is the best way to get this bird back into shape.  it's rock hard right now and can't get it to do anything.  it's at room temp.  just want to know the best way without tearing the bird apart or damaging it. maybe not rock hard but I can't get it to change from its compressed shape thankyou gentlemen

Uchee creek gobblers

Blow it up and put it in the shower. It should have came with the directions in the box.
ALABAMA NOGGIN' KNOCKER

drywallerdave

it came with no directions or the free DVD    can't find any instruction video on YouTube or avian site

miro15

As uchee stated above, throw it in the a warm/hot shower and let it sit for a few minutes.  Pull it out and inflate the deke.  Let it sit in the shower inflated for a bit to allow it to take hunting shape.  Good to go!  Good luck!!

memert116

Quote from: miro15 on March 18, 2014, 03:05:19 PM
As uchee stated above, throw it in the a warm/hot shower and let it sit for a few minutes.  Pull it out and inflate the deke.  Let it sit in the shower inflated for a bit to allow it to take hunting shape.  Good to go!  Good luck!!

Do this, mine turned out great that way

yankeedeerslayer

You fellers are a wealth of knowledge. Thanks for the tip guys.
US Army Vet

cgoff

If that doesn't work hit the stubborn spot with a hair dryer to heat them up then put some more air in it. Worked on mine.

Ishi

Don`t let your wife see you bringing it in the shower with you  :TooFunny:
The Spirit Lives On

bigbird

If you would've bought a DSD to begin with you wouldn't be having this problem!

Ishi

I wanted to say the same thing but didn't. DSD are the best but yet hunters will save a buck and buy a inferior decoy its hard to figure out
The Spirit Lives On

TauntoHawk

DSDs are great but a hard body decoy does not fit everybodys style of hunting
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MKMGOBL

Sell it & buy a DSD decoy (not a hard body decoy) that doesn't need to be blown up :icon_thumright:
"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

Super X3

:TrainWreck1:
Quote from: MKMGOBL on March 28, 2014, 10:35:08 AM
Sell it & buy a DSD decoy (not a hard body decoy) that doesn't need to be blown up :icon_thumright:

Yup,  just get some glue for the DSD heads that break off.   :goofball:  Don't deny that doesn't happen! Seen it, done it.

Do the shower trick. Haven't met a tom that doesn't want to play with it and that's a fact jack. 

miro15

Ishi

Sorry I never heard of snapped heads on DSD  many are used in my area? At least I don't have to do the shower thing :TooFunny:
The Spirit Lives On