OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Long Beard 3" #5 at 40 and 20yds.

Started by darn2ten, February 23, 2014, 09:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darn2ten

After shooting the 40 yd. pattern a few days ago I've been wanting to try one at 20. Was concerned that as tight as the 40 was that the 20 may be somewhere around baseball to softball size. Really it's doesn't look a whole lot different than some other loads I've shot at 20. The bulk of the shot is about a 6" circle.

Browning A5, 26" Invector plus with .665 IC
Win. LB 3-1 3/4-5

40 yds.

20 yds.

Xcal1ber

He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

BandedSpur

I sure never thought I'd see the day that a 3" #5 lead shell would go over 200/10 @ 40. Amazing. Not long ago I was struggling to get over 100.

WildSpur

That is one awesome combo you have there!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

klemsontigers7

Quote from: darn2ten on February 23, 2014, 09:37:37 PM
After shooting the 40 yd. pattern a few days ago I've been wanting to try one at 20. Was concerned that as tight as the 40 was that the 20 may be somewhere around baseball to softball size. Really it's doesn't look a whole lot different than some other loads I've shot at 20. The bulk of the shot is about a 6" circle.

Browning A5, 26" Invector plus with .665 IC
Win. LB 3-1 3/4-5

40 yds.

20 yds.

I've been telling people this for weeks but no one would listen.  I don't have pictures of my 20 yard pattern but it looked like any other load.

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

JuniorPre 360

Nice! I'm a little afraid to see what happens with these at 20 yards through my gun. I wonder if it will have a guillotine effect. Great patterns!

darn2ten

Quote from: JuniorPre 360 on February 24, 2014, 01:04:42 PM
Nice! I'm a little afraid to see what happens with these at 20 yards through my gun. I wonder if it will have a guillotine effect. Great patterns!
I bet it won't be as tight as you think. That's what I was worried about, I had very little outside the 10" at 40. At 20 they look similar to other loads I've tested, they just spread a lot less at distance.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

learn2hide

pretty nice work there...nice, I hope I have that luck with my 3 1/2 #5's let alone a 3", excellent.
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott