OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

No Sleep!

Started by StrutStopper_71, March 14, 2014, 10:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV TURKEY THUG

i gotta wait till april 28 hope u get a limbhanger

StrutStopper_71

Well it worked out almost as planned. I was taking som guys that haven't been much hoping they could kill one. We got set up with the decoys out and a little after first light we heard the first gobble down in a creek bottom where I heard them fly up yesterday afternoon. It wasn't long after that all hell broke loose and there were 6 birds gobbling around us and they were fired up. Then what could happen but a hen in between us and the birds started to yelp and city pretty good so I started cutting her off pretty soon she was mad as a hornet and the gobblers were going nuts. All the sudden two jakes flew into the field and almost landed on my decoys! But they just looked at them and started to feed then some hens started flying in and landing. About ten minutes later I looked up to the corner  of the field and there were 4 longbeards on the death march running as hard as they could to the jakes and my decoys! They got to about 30 yards and went into full strut for a minute then came out. I asked the other two guys if they were ready they said yes I was in the middle so I had the middle bird and they had one on the right and left. Well I counted to three and boom and then a delayed boom and boy there was feathers flying and smoke rolling but why the late shot I turned to the guy and said what happened he said I forgot to take my safety off! So he missed and his son and I both killed ours it was pretty funny after the fact but I felt bad because I really wanted him to kill one because he had never killed one but we left two longbeards go next time so in all not a bad opening morning. I have heard of counting our two 7 birds killed this morning in Northwest fl.

DirtNap647

congrats sounds like a great hunt

StrutStopper_71

Thanks it was a good way to start that's for sure got the old blood boiling a bit.

VA_Birdhunter

AWESOME!!! congrats!!!  :icon_thumright:
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

WV TURKEY THUG