Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Where and when are you hunting

Started by nickhrp, March 07, 2014, 08:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

Looks like I need to pack some bags and try some of these late season states out

nickhrp

I'm hunting late April early only getting two weeks this year darn work schedule

God Bless the Outdoors

turkey buster

After some toddler like begging I scored the first 14 days of our season off work

nickhrp

Every other year I usually score 28 days of hunting but have missed the opening week for the last 4 years last year got 22 days but my birds wouldn't gobble so it was like deer hunting plus the only two that I heard I killed one was midday and the other on a rainy miserable day

God Bless the Outdoors

COssman14

Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

sonofabuck

I took off a couple of Fridays to have a 3 day weekends at my lease in KY.  Also off from April 23-28 with any luck that will be a multi-state trip.

Hooksfan

Turkeybuster,
What area of Louisiana do you hunt?
I have a lifetime license for Louisiana but rarely go home to turkey hunt. Might get a wild idea to go down for the opener.
This year my definite plans are for Kansas youth, MO Youth, Kansas, Nebraska and then back to where I live in Missouri.

turkey buster

Leesville. Hunt my lease, ft polk, kisatchie, Peason

Hooksfan

[quote auth :agreed:or=turkey buster link=topic=42770.msg430209#msg430209 date=1394587987]
Leesville. Hunt my lease, ft polk, kisatchie, Peason
[/quote]
That's the area of the state I am least familiar with, but I did make a few hunts in the Winn Ranger district of the Kisatchie about 23 years ago.  I was riding a bike down one of the forest roads through the pine plantations in the dark and rode INTO a herd of wild pigs.  Interesting development to say the least.

Illini Tom

looks like turkey buster will be hittin the woods saturday
bust a biggun, ricky  :fud: :gobble:

turkey buster

nickhrp

God Bless the Outdoors

Illini Tom

a great weekend for me and it's still 3 weeks til my season opener  ;D
started out by finding out i drew my third permit, then a chance meeting with an old farmer buddy led to permission for another hunting spot where he said he has been seeing turkeys headed to roost every night when he feeds his cows  :turkey2:

ridgerunner

Missouri April 21st
Indiana April 23rd