turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Shell Catcher

Started by bdavis315, March 07, 2014, 01:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdavis315

Does anyone know of a company that makes shell catchers from left handed 12ga shotguns. Mainly interested in it for skeet shooting near the high house empty shells hit the wall and bounce back toward the head.

captin_hook

You can't use a shell catcher when shooting skeet, how would you shoot a true pair. Now there is a company that makes a attachment that will make your empties eject forward or straight down. I can't remember the name of them, if you go to trapshooters.com or shotgunworld.com, you could probably find them.

bdavis315

Thanks i thought the shell cathers could catch more than one shell guess not ill look for something to make them eject down as you suggested.

captin_hook

A shell catcher for a shotgun is not like one you would see for a ar , the bag type. Shell catcher for a semi shotgun makes the shell stick out of the ejection port like a stove pipe.

allaboutshooting

I saw one on You Tube a while back that could catch a couple of shells. I don't know anything else about it, I've never seen one on a gun other than this, or if it would fit your gun but you may want to take a look at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWq5zk8eoyc

That's the only one I've seen like that. As has been said, the others I've seen could only catch one shell and you had to remove that shell before firing again.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

captin_hook

Now that is pretty awesome. I never seen that before. That would definetly be the ticket for skeet!