Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

What equipment you using

Started by nickhrp, March 07, 2014, 01:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Never said I bow hunt turkeys.  That's my deer rig my favorite broadhead for Turkey is Win 3.5" #6 ;D
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

TJK68

Hey, that is great Sam. I shoot the old Bear Greenies. They still kill game after all these years.
I am Like Sam, I have killed a couple with my archery setup, but I prefer a shotgun when Gobbler hunting.

cphill

I will be using my 870 or nova both 20's and both with hevi13 or turkey thugs. Calls will be Cody glass and slate h.s black magic aluminum. Just ordered a mother lode tube call see how that goes. I have several other calls but them r my go to calls.Camo is well all different kinds and brands I ain't picky about that ..... I bow hunted deer for 10 years and got out of it for lack of time to practice killed several with a bow but never was good enough to turkey hunt with a bow anyway
but best of luck to yall with gun or bow
Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

misfire

Benelli Supernova 12
Sumtoy choke
Hevi13 3" #6s
Fastfire sight

A slate, anodized aluminum over slate two sider, copper and a crystal friction call. A trumpet.  Some Pecker Wrecker mouth calls. And it looks like I will be toting a box call too some of the time
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

turkey buster

I'm hoping to build me a 20ga to try out next year and maybe even a 10ga

sonofabuck

Got my scope mount and red dot put on last week.  Went Monday to the range and got her dialed in.  Now if I can just get a break from kids lacrosse, soccer, school, and birthday parties I'm ready to hunt.   >:( :-X >:(  Was going to go Friday after dropping the kids off at school but my wife creamed a deer on her way home tonight so looks like I have to drop the car at the body shop instead.   :TrainWreck1:  Can you believe she left the deer?!?!?!

turkey buster

nickhrp

Got a red dot on my. 870 best money I ever spent

God Bless the Outdoors

sonofabuck

Quote from: turkey buster on April 02, 2014, 10:07:14 PM
She wasn't hurt I hope

No, thankfully her and my son were just fine. 

TJK68

TJK68

Here is a pic of my backup turkey killer I bought me a couple of weeks ago. The one on the right in pic, 870 express, 26" barrel 12ga, 3".

nickhrp

Just curious I have a strutter decoy and a 1/4 strut jake decoy being late season in my state which do you guys use I'm hunting fields and using a gun and bow

God Bless the Outdoors

Gooserbat

Quote from: nickhrp on April 15, 2014, 01:46:49 PM
Just curious I have a strutter decoy and a 1/4 strut jake decoy being late season in my state which do you guys use I'm hunting fields and using a gun and bow

I'm a 1/2 strut Jake kinda guy myself.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

TJK68

nickhrp

Just considering not even pulling out the strutter just wanting to see what y'all used to help me make up my mind

God Bless the Outdoors