turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Xpress Cool Woody Sport Armor Snake Boot WACT-MBO

Started by strutnva, March 05, 2014, 07:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strutnva

Has anybody had a pair of these snake boots from Muck?  Need a new par and was thinking about these, just wanted to see if they are worth $180.  Thanks for any feedback.

CASH

I have the original Woody Armor boots and they are very stiff, but very comfortable. Haven't found out if they're snake proof and don't want to, but I like them. Well worth the money. Mine are 3 years old and I have abused them and they've held up well so far
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

GomerPyle

I almost bought some of the original "Woody Armor" boots, but what stopped me is that I couldn't find anywhere that actually advertised them as "Snake boots"....same with these.  nowhere in any advertising or descriptions do they actually claim them to be snake proof/resistant.  just that they're "puncture resistant"....to me, that says you don't have to worry about sharp sticks, stalks, stubs, thorns/briars, etc......but as far as stopping a snake, I'm not trusting anything that doesn't actually claim to stop a snake.

If I were buying a pair of snake boots today, I'd probably take a look at the Lacrosse Alpha Mudlite Snake boots....

http://www.basspro.com/LaCrosse-Alpha-Mudlite-18-Waterproof-Snake-Boots-for-Men/product/1110040501178/
[From a buddy re: turkey hunting]
"the best advice I can give you is to run from it like it's crystal meth"