turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 SPS Supermag round 2 ..............

Started by mtaylor200, March 01, 2014, 09:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtaylor200

A little cleaning and tweaking this afternoon and got this at 40 yards and 59 degrees...........

mtaylor200

using Heavy 13 #7's 3.5". That is 416 in the total target (outside ring at 15") the inner ring is 10" and had 252 inside the 10 ring. The bird body was carrying well over a 100 with several in the head and neck ( spine ) area.

I think I'm good now.................

WildSpur

Wow!  No walking through that!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

davisd9

What choke? Great pattern!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Twowithone

Awesome pattern for sure watch out gobblers. :OGturkeyhead:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: mtaylor200 on March 01, 2014, 09:44:29 PM
using Heavy 13 #7's 3.5". That is 416 in the total target (outside ring at 15") the inner ring is 10" and had 252 inside the 10 ring. The bird body was carrying well over a 100 with several in the head and neck ( spine ) area.

I think I'm good now.................

Now your talking a very good killing pattern for sure not that your other one wasn't.  That's nice and even. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Now do me a favor and post a picture of that target from the backside just to show how wicked that really is. 

tomstopper

Quote from: davisd9 on March 01, 2014, 10:27:43 PM
What choke? Great pattern!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:agreed: No gobbler will make it through that.... Go get um.....

chatterbox

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

owlhoot

one wicked pattern there, those   HEVI 7's really put up the big numbers,  Wow

TnTurk

I'd say that's about as good a hunting pattern as you'll need. Now go smoke one. :icon_thumright:

jakesdad

I dont think you could get a more perfect hunting pattern than that!Nice even spread and good but dense enough throughout!!NICE! :drool:

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

ILIKEHEVI-13

I have always said that if you can put 200 to 250 shot inside a 10" circle at a taped or lasered 40yds your probably more than likely gonna have one of the best 20" killing patterns you can have.  That 20" pattern was probably over 500 shot.  And that's a killer anyway you look at it.