turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

heavy shot

Started by tyelper, March 01, 2014, 09:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyelper

anybody ever shoot the heavy shot heavy metal turkey I think this is a 4-6 combo, if so how they preform or even worth talking about

nothingbutlongbeards

I really like the HeviShot Magnum Blend shells.  They have 5,6 and 7s in the shell.

Borden811

Half the pellets in that shell are steel. You couldnt pay me enough to shoot steel pellets in a turkey load. It's about the worst thing one could find to fling at a turkey. Personally, I'd stay away from them.

chatterbox

Quote from: Borden811 on March 02, 2014, 08:23:43 AM
Half the pellets in that shell are steel. You couldnt pay me enough to shoot steel pellets in a turkey load. It's about the worst thing one could find to fling at a turkey. Personally, I'd stay away from them.
Agreed. That shell isn't worth the time.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: chatterbox on March 02, 2014, 08:25:38 AM
Quote from: Borden811 on March 02, 2014, 08:23:43 AM
Agreed. That shell isn't worth the time.

This!  I can tell you they absolutely BLISTER big honkers in the 20 gauge loads to 35 yards easy and just wreck big ducks all day long!  Great waterfowl load.  $#!tty turkey load.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

surehuntsalot

a buddy of mine bought a box of the 20ga 4's last year,could have drove a bus through the holes in the pattern
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

R AJ

And that steel is a no-no in about every turkey choke that I am aware of. Most duck/goose chokes are in imp. cyl. or modified that shoots  a steel pattern of modified and full. Be careful.