turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

longbeard xr

Started by knightrider, February 24, 2014, 07:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKFOOTER

Spoken like a true Hevi-Shot Pro Staffer???  I say let Winchester get a season of Long Beard use by turkey hunters under their belt and then see where the chips fall.  And please expound on how you feel that Winchester has "infringed" on Hevi-Shot's technology and design?? :OGturkeyhead:

R AJ

You know it is funny how one of the more expensive cars like a Mercedes Benz for example is so superior to Ford and Chevy that you would think that everybody would be driving around in one and yet you see relatively few of them. Why is that? Probably because they don't make pick ups. Yeah, that's it! ::) :z-dizzy:

darron

They can come up with all the 20ga loads they want...but until they beat my federal HW putting up 180-200 in a 10" at 40 yards I will stay with the federal 7's out of my 20.

I will say I did buy a box of LB f 3" 6's to try in my M1. Even then, I won't change unless they can beat the 300 I get from H-13 7's. Hevi's new wad could play a role in me switching to LB if my numbers drop drastically. 

Longshanks

I would imagine competition shooters will continue to shoot Hevi. Folks interested in just killing turkey's will go toward Winchester LB's. I know allot of folks in the hunting industry and turkey hunters all over the country. None of them shoot competition. Majority of them could care a less about counting holes in a peice of paper. This is a problem for Hevi 13 with their increasing cost and diminished results. Hevi 13 picked a bad year to screw up their shells. Just an opinion

klemsontigers7

Quote from: darn2ten on February 26, 2014, 12:10:27 PM
Wow! I guess that everybody who has taken the time to actually try the LB shells and post AMAZING pattern results, including a well respected choke maker on here, just got called a liar. That's  real classy. It's just a huge conspiracy between members on OG to pull something over on the masses, lol!

I'll add you to the PM list of all of us conspiring and posting great patterns.  :character0029: :popcorn:

darn2ten

Quote from: klemsontigers7 on February 26, 2014, 12:50:36 PM
Quote from: darn2ten on February 26, 2014, 12:10:27 PM
Wow! I guess that everybody who has taken the time to actually try the LB shells and post AMAZING pattern results, including a well respected choke maker on here, just got called a liar. That's  real classy. It's just a huge conspiracy between members on OG to pull something over on the masses, lol!

I'll add you to the PM list of all of us conspiring and posting great patterns.  :character0029: :popcorn:
Don't add me to anything, I've become sick of this stupid argument between lead vs Hevi. I never posted anything on any thread on here trying to bash Hevi. Simply gave my view point on each. Both will kill turkeys, period! I have both in my stash and am pretty fond of #6 Hevi. I've also been killing turkeys before Hevi ever came out and never had a problem. Why did this come down to people getting all defensive thinking somebody is trying to put Hevi-13 out of business? That's just crazy, I hope they both prosper! Boys this is turkey hunting for goodness sakes! Shoot what you want and be happy, everybody has a different opinion on what works and nobody on a forum is going to change that. This has gotten to the point of being ridiculous, I know what I think and that's good enough for me. Good luck to everybody this season with whatever you choose to shoot.

the Ward

All I know is I can't wait till next year when Federal introduces their new shell with a resin filled Flite Control wad loaded with pb  #2s good for 75+ yards.........

darn2ten

Quote from: the Ward on February 26, 2014, 01:36:03 PM
All I know is I can't wait till next year when Federal introduces their new shell with a resin filled Flite Control wad loaded with pb  #2s good for 75+ yards.........
:newmascot:  :TooFunny:

the Ward

Rumor has it Federal is going to use Tiffany (of the Crush with Lee & Tiffany) to promote their new shell. Marketing research showed hunters preferred seeing her in a bikini over the Drury bros......

Gooserbat

You boys ain't seen noth'n till you tried some tss loads filled with elmers wood glue.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

darn2ten

Quote from: the Ward on February 26, 2014, 02:08:06 PM
Rumor has it Federal is going to use Tiffany (of the Crush with Lee & Tiffany) to promote their new shell. Marketing research showed hunters preferred seeing her in a bikini over the Drury bros......
Well..... I think I might just have to agree with that.

the Ward

Quote from: Gooserbat on February 26, 2014, 02:09:01 PM
You boys ain't seen noth'n till you tried some tss loads filled with elmers wood glue.
That's nothin' I have an RC FW190 ex nazi fighter plane that I have retrofitted with a depleted uranium frame for birds that hang up at 200yrds Tora!Tora!Tora!

knightrider

boy I will not try to be a smartelic anymore :emoticon-animal-005: had no ideal everyone was so defensive on one shell or the other, rumor has it though that ive sold all my hevi and bought 15 boxes of win xr #5 :angel9:

stinkpickle

Will that be resin or silicon filled?   ;)

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: stinkpickle on February 26, 2014, 05:25:25 PM

Will that be resin or silicon filled?   ;)

Neither if I...never mind...   ;D
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.