turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

11-87 w/ Longbeard #6

Started by wvnut3, February 22, 2014, 07:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvnut3

Today the snow has melted and it was nice and 55 out. I shot several chokes at 40yds lasered. This was with a 11-87 3 1/2 in longbeard #6. 23 in barrel.The barrel was polished last year , a boresnake was used in between shots .Lee

jakesdad

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

wvnut3

No sorry, i could care less about 50 , 60 yds.. i wont pull the trigger. Lee :toothy9:

jfair

Great patterns.  Gonna try to run some through the 11-87 soon.  What choke was the last picture?

surehuntsalot

:drool:
don't let them get to close
very nice
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

wvnut3

the 20 yd pattern is not all that bad, it is better than i had figured,Lee

Philippe

Nice looking patterns there! Sumtoy and SSX is killer with these shells!

wvnut3

Quote from: jfair on February 22, 2014, 07:52:52 PM
Great patterns.  Gonna try to run some through the 11-87 soon.  What choke was the last picture?
was a truglo ssx. Lee

wvnut3

They did pattern real well,i am really impressed with the overall 10 and 20 inch patterns with the sumtoy and ssx.. The sumtoy at 20yds was not bad at all. My next outing when it warms again will be with my 3inch 870 . Lee

wvnut3

Even though the JH 660 didnt have the higher 10inch numbers it has good 20inch numbers along with a nice pattern.. I suspect it will pick up when the temperature warms.. Lee

BandedSpur

Quote from: wvnut3 on February 23, 2014, 08:23:14 AM
Even though the JH 660 didnt have the higher 10inch numbers it has good 20inch numbers along with a nice pattern.. I suspect it will pick up when the temperature warms.. Lee

This^^^Smart man. With these shells, I would be looking for the shell and choke that gives the best 10-20" numbers, not seeing how much I could get in the 10. All the patterns I have seen posted with these shells have more than enough in the 10 to wreck a turkey's day @ 40, but some have had really poor numbers in the the 10-20. That's where all your wiggle room is.

wvnut3

If you look at the 20 yd pattern with the Sumtoy most of the shot is in the 10inch circle.. And its concentrated in the 5-6 inch area...... not bad for the nice even pattern it throughs at 40 yds. Its not as tight as one would expect. (great job William ). Lee

jfair

Quote from: wvnut3 on February 23, 2014, 07:31:48 AM
Quote from: jfair on February 22, 2014, 07:52:52 PM
was a truglo ssx. Lee

Figured that out when I got on computer.  Couldn't see it on my phone. 
I think your 20 yard pattern looks really good.  No issues with that at all.  Thanks for posting.

Xcal1ber

That's what I was thinking, I about like the Jelly Head pattern better than any of them. Just looks like a good hunting pattern at 40, with some room for error at 20.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

SumToy

Keep this in back of your head.  The numbers will go up as temps do.  We been testing in the warm temps and our numbers have climb up. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA