turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Motorized decoy mods?

Started by BlakeJ, February 18, 2014, 08:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeJ

I want to do a little decoy modification to my DSD strutter.

What would be sick is if I could get the tail to go up and down on a remote control. Maybe even the mount to turn as well.

I know mojo makes their deeks like that, but they won't sell me just the motorized parts. And I'm not about to buy a whole mojo just to gut it.

What are my options? Are there any companies that are making parts that will work for what I wanna do?

CASH

You're putting way too much thought into using decoys
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Seriously.... It's a turkey.

Theyre not hard to kill without a decoy... Easier to kill with a decoy... Why could you ever need a motorized decoy?

Technology is killing this sport.

redarrow

I seen that coming  :TrainWreck1: We don't mean to be dis respectful but most of us boys are a bit old school and like to do more with less.

El Pavo Grande

To each his own, but in my personal opinion all motion/motorized turkey decoys should be illegal.  I guess I'm old school too.  All this junk is taking woodsmanship and skill out of the turkey "hunting" equation.  I personally liked the not so long ago Alabama rule....no decoys allowed.  Just my opinion.

Muskie03

Might as well put an electronic call inside of it too......
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

RutnNStrutn

I understand both sides of this discussion. My opinion on it is that we should all support each other's choices of legal methods of hunting. Hunters are sometimes our own worst enemies. We have enough problems with all the liberals and anti's, and their frivolous lawsuits.
Longbow vs. recurve vs. compound vs. crossbow?
Dog hunting vs. still hunting vs. deer drives?
Traditional muzzleloaders vs. scoped modern muzzleloaders?
Decoys vs. no decoys vs. motorized decoys?
Personally, I say to each their own!!! If you don't like it, don't do it!!! But also support your fellow hunter's legal right to hunt the way he wants to using legal methods.
Just my opinion. :z-twocents:

J Hook Max

Legal and ethical are two completely different things.

stinkpickle

MouthCaller

I would think that a motorized decoy would make it way more dangerous to the person using them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

guesswho

Illegal in a lot of places.  Not needed anywhere.  But whatever trips one trigger.   

Maybe check Ebay.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 19, 2014, 10:42:57 AM
I understand both sides of this discussion. My opinion on it is that we should all support each other's choices of legal methods of hunting. Hunters are sometimes our own worst enemies. We have enough problems with all the liberals and anti's, and their frivolous lawsuits.
Personally, I say to each their own!!! If you don't like it, don't do it!!! But also support your fellow hunter's legal right to hunt the way he wants to using legal methods.

Are you done holding hands and singing "coombayah, my Lord"?

What's ethical and legal are often two very mutually exclusive concepts.

chatterbox

Not my style of hunting. Good luck finding your parts, and even better luck keeping your parts together if you use that combo on public land.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on February 19, 2014, 07:01:46 PM

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 19, 2014, 10:42:57 AM
Are you done holding hands and singing "coombayah, my Lord"?
What's ethical and legal are often two very mutually exclusive concepts.
WHO decides what is ethical? YOU? Me? Somebody else? I guess it all boils down to your definition of ethical. If you don't think it is ethical, even if it is legal, then don't do it!!
The anti's are filing lawsuits and doing everything they can to eliminate our hunting opportunities. They are slowly winning the war. And some hunters are giving them the ammo. 
OK, I'm out of this conversation. Good luck to all of you this spring.

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.