turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

935 question

Started by turkey buster, February 15, 2014, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

Hate to be so bother some. Quick question...I bought a Truglo Pro Magnum Dot sight to mount on my 935 I just scored and plan on sighting it in tomorrow. I see on the barrel it reads 3 & 3.5in only. I'd hate to waste some good 3.5's getting a zero. Can I shoot 2 3/4 with out damaging the gun? I know it may not cycle them properly but I don't mind single shooting it for zeroing in. Just don't want to break something shooting a light load

jordanz7935

Fire away you wont hurt a thing. Once you get your gun broken in it should cycle high brass 2&3/4 and maybe high velocity target loads. Mine cycles with pretty much all 2&3/4 inch,3 dram shells except cheapo target loads.

Skeeterbait

Some cycle everything fine and some don't due to differences in strength of the action spring from gun to gun.  And some which don't initially, get better as the spring ages and compresses from use.  As a general rule most seem to cycle anything 1 1/4 oz of shot or more.  Mossberg just doesn't make any promises regarding any 2.75" shells because the long action and spring aren't tuned for it.  Just expect some possable failure to ejects and your good to use 2.75" for sighting in.  You can always check your cocking indicator after each shot to see if the action fully returned and reset the hammer.

Easiest thing to do while sighting is just don't put any shells in the magazine.  Single load each by pulling the action back, dropping a shell onto the lifter thru the ejection port and dropping the action with the release button.

turkey buster

:thanks: I just didn't want to break the spring or bolt