News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 870, Carlson's .575, and HWT 7

Started by Jbird22, February 15, 2014, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird22

Quote from: gophert on February 26, 2014, 10:47:36 AM
I don't think it's the norm for a shorter barrel to out perform a longer barrel on paper.  In the woods it doesn't matter.  Given similar loads and choke performance, the longer barrel will out perform the shorter 99.9% of the time....it's just physics. 
I agree but it sure seems like the guys with 21" barrels consistently report better numbers than those with 26" barrels. That doesn't make sense to me at all.

gophert

Quote from: JBIRD22 on February 26, 2014, 11:06:18 AM
Quote from: gophert on February 26, 2014, 10:47:36 AM
I don't think it's the norm for a shorter barrel to out perform a longer barrel on paper.  In the woods it doesn't matter.  Given similar loads and choke performance, the longer barrel will out perform the shorter 99.9% of the time....it's just physics. 
I agree but it sure seems like the guys with 21" barrels consistently report better numbers than those with 26" barrels. That doesn't make sense to me at all.

I think it's because the 21" is more popular.  There's just more people using them because of all the youth model 20's that are sold.  I'm not saying it can't happen, there's just not as many of us gun nuts shooting the 26" barrel.  There's not a huge pellet advantage to shoot the 26" so people tend to go with the shorter barrel for ease of hunting. 

sevetts

My 26" won't shoot with any 21" I've shot. I prefer a longer barrel but this gun has stumped me so far. And from several members on here they report the same thing. Comparing to other guns with that combo it should do much better... if I find what works I will post it but last year I expected much better results. Fun gun to shoot though for sure. I'm gonna guess a tightwad will shoot they are very surprising in rem 20s but I have already lowered my expectations....