News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Crappy B-Square Mounts!!!!!!

Started by gatrapper, March 12, 2011, 06:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Gotta Vent.

I purchased a B-Square system for my Beretta.  I get it and mount it on properly and its looking good.  I go to shoot and keep having my POA and POI thrown off after each shot.  Apparently the mount is able to cantilever up and down just a tad which just throws my holographic sites POA/POI completely off.

Got to love these problems 2 weeks before season opener :character0029: :character0029: :character0029: :character0029: :character0029: :character0029:
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

redarrow

The two bolts that go through the receiver area bit too small and allow the mount to move up and down just a tad, Which is a bunch at poi. If you tighten them down too much the receiver jams up inside and don't work. The best solution is drill and tap. My Nova cost 68 bucks including the mount.

VAHUNTER

thats why i get every gun that i want optics on drilled and tapped
Good things come to those who wait

gatrapper

Its getting done this week.  Already spoke to the gunsmith :z-guntootsmiley:
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

sugarray

The saddle mount for the Beretta has only 1 screw, not 2, this is why it cantilevers.

bowhunter84

a buddy of mine put one on his SP10 and it sits way to the left. far enough he ran out of adjustment in his scope

WyoHunter

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 12, 2011, 08:10:36 PM
Great advice!  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

joshua

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 12, 2011, 08:10:36 PM
:agreed: X2
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Nimrodmar10

Don't be fooled by the two screws on the 870s either. I missed two turkeys last year before I realized the B-Square on my 870 SM had moved. After I pulled the trigger on the second miss I aimed at a knothole on a tree at about 40 yards then looked at the bead under the mount. It was very obvious that the scope had moved. I was able to rock the mount back and forth with my hand if I pushed pretty hard. And I can guarantee that the Nitro 2 7/16 shells will put a good push on it. By the following weekend that receiver was drilled and tapped. The next two birds rode in my truck.

Oh, by the way, for those of you wanting to put a scope base on your shotguns, the scope base for a Remington 742, 7400, etc. will fit the curve of you receiver. As a matter of fact, that's the mount that my SBE II is factory drilled for. Several years ago I bought a set of 6-48 taps and drill bits from Brownells and have drilled and tapped several guns.

If you must use a B-Square type mount I'd suggest that after you mount the cradle mount on you gun, you outline the mount with a pencil or pen to see if it moves. Don't let it cost you two turkeys like it did me.

cassga

Ive got a B-Square mount on my Mossberg 835, and it has the 2 screws. Ive never had a problem with it moving or coming loose.  I always check it after shooting it.  I did however have the same problem as mentioned above, which was over tightening it and it jamming the receiver when I first installed.  I really dont plan on taking it off, so I back the screw out a bit to free the receiver and used a little bit of loc tite. 2 years of shooting at targets and turkeys, and no problems.