turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just got a Stoeger M3500

Started by BlakeJ, February 08, 2014, 05:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeJ

24" barrel. Does it use the same chokes as my SBE2?

What choke and load combo works best with it?

CASH

NO IT DOES NOT USE THE SBE II CHOKES

The Stoeger uses the Beretta/Benelli Mobile Chokes.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

tomstopper

Quote from: CASH on February 08, 2014, 06:21:05 AM
NO IT DOES NOT USE THE SBE II CHOKES

The Stoeger uses the Beretta/Benelli Mobile Chokes.
^This... I called William at Sumtoy Customs & told him the shell I was thinking of using and he advised me on a choke constriction & then made it for me. He is great to deal with and wont do you wrong. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.....

reynolds243

SumToy 650 or hevi shot choke and magblends and your set

gobblingghost

I think this gum uses the benelli/berretta chokes. It's almost the same gun gun as a SBE which is what I shoot with a sumtoy 650.

reynolds243

Yes it uses the Mobil choke system. Same bore size as all other benellis.

drum817

I will suggest a SumToy .650 w/ Beretta/Benelli threads and some of the new Winchester Longbeards!!  Give William a call at SumToy and he will be glad to point you in the right direction!  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

allaboutshooting

Quote from: BlakeJ on February 08, 2014, 05:34:46 AM
24" barrel. Does it use the same chokes as my SBE2?

What choke and load combo works best with it?
I have a number of readers who shoot that gun with excellent results. They have been very successful with Hevi-Shot products, Hevi-13 in #6 & #7 and Magnum Blend shells. The Hevi-13 Turkey choke with a .656 exit diameter has worked well for them. There are others as has been indicated but all things being equal, chokes with similar e.d.s seem to work best.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase