OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rhino Choke Tube

Started by DBLGBL, February 06, 2014, 01:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBLGBL

I am looking at possibly purchasing a Rhino .660 for my SBE2.

What experienes have you had with Rhino Chokes?

Are they worth the $ ?

reynolds243

hard for me to justify paying $100 for a choke tube that you can get the same/close or better patterns from others half the price like a Sumtoy or Final Stut.

it also depends on what shells you are wanting to shoot

drum817

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 06, 2014, 02:02:42 PM
hard for me to justify paying $100 for a choke tube that you can get the same/close or better patterns from others half the price like a Sumtoy or Final Stut.

+1 Agreed
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

CrustyRusty

I had one for my sbe2. It was a great choke with hevi 6's or 7 or magblends 3.5's with great numbers in the ten.   I also used a pure gold 670 that produced extremely even numbers in a 20" circle. Luckily they both shot poa so depending on where I hunted I would switch tubes.

SCDieselDawg

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 06, 2014, 02:02:42 PM

Yeap. I've quit buying new chokes. I'll buy used ones off the classifieds or call Sumtoy.

DBLGBL

Thanks for the feedback.

Looking at shooting mag blends.

beagler

I'm shooting a Rhino (.660) in my SBE 2. I get great results shooting Nitro's and Magblends.
Never Misses

deerpoo22

Indian creek, Jellyhead, Pure Gold, and Sumtoy probably will give identical patterns to the Rhino. That said, my .660 Rhino has been hands down the best choke tube I've ever put in my SBE2. Period. It patterns everything good from lead to Hevi shot. Usually average around 335 with Nitro's and 300 with Hevi-13. Plus with the polished interior there easier to clean than other chokes.

Old Gobbler

I've had several , they are well made and perform well when matched correctly

The first one being a rhino .685 for a sp10 and I have had that since 1998 -  shoots many loads very well - I think I got my money's worth out of it by now
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

01Foreman400

SBE 2 Rhino .660 Nitro 3.5" #7's 40 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

Xcal1ber

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on February 06, 2014, 11:19:18 PM
SBE 2 Rhino .660 Nitro 3.5" #7's 40 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's one of the most dense, even hunting patterns I have ever seen. No matter which way he moves he isn't getting away from that! Good for you.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

BandedSpur

Great chokes, but like Jeb's, overpriced IMO.

reynolds243

Quote from: BandedSpur on February 07, 2014, 08:28:08 AM
Great chokes, but like Jeb's, overpriced IMO.

right, I'm knocking the choke as it is proven to be a nice choke when paired with the right ammo but man $100 for a turkey choke is asking a lot when most others are in the $40-$60 range.

if you can find one used for around those prices then it would be definitely worth trying one IMO

Uvagobbler

It doesn't take long to have a couple hundred dollars invested into finding the right choke for your particular shotgun. Believe me. I have a rhino for my 11-87 and there is virtually no difference from a $40 jellyhead that I bought. I believe that they are outstanding chokes with a outstanding price tag. I believe I would call William at Sumtoy and talk to him. He should help you out.
                                 Good luck, Mike