North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

New guy here new to turkey hunting too

Started by Longbowman, February 05, 2014, 11:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank G

Quote from: Longbowman on February 05, 2014, 11:41:43 AM
Hi everyone I'm new here and I have deer hunted my whole life but never been turkey hunting. I wanted to try my hand at it this year but not sure where to start. I hunt national forest land and have seen a lot of turkeys but don't even know where to begin. What kind of call should I get? All I have is a Mossberg 500c 20guage is that adequate for turkey? Are there any particular tips I need? The area I hunt is pretty extreme in elevation change. Just needing some help to get started.thanks everyone

:welcomeOG:

Can't be stated enough, Patience, Patience, Patience no exposed skin, Patience Patience, Patience.
Oh did I mention "PATIANCE"  :anim_25: Easy on the calling "none" is better then to much :icon_thumright: If your hunting hilly terrain, get in early and above them. If it has a beard "smoak" it.

Frank G  In Tennessee

Byhalia

Can't be stated enough, Patience, Patience, Patience no exposed skin, Patience Patience, Patience.
Oh did I mention "PATIANCE"  :anim_25: Easy on the calling "none" is better then to much :icon_thumright: If your hunting hilly terrain, get in early and above them. If it has a beard "smoak" it.

[/quote]

This   +1     :icon_thumright:

:anim_25:
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

Turkey fryin

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Quote from: jwm1485 on March 05, 2014, 03:04:27 AM
I would start with box or slate call. Also get a mouth call to practice with. I keep one in my car to practice on for the sake of my family.
lol! I practice with mouth calls drivin around for the same reason!