OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

the cacklin crystal

Started by scoot12, January 31, 2014, 12:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoot12

First I want to say this is the most beautiful call David makes in my opinion,  truly great craftsmanship in this baby.  As to the sound,  I found between the crystal mistress,  the twisted sister and this call,  the cacklin crystal is the highest pitched of the 3.  In my opinion,  it has the cleanest breaking yelp of the 3 also,  it can get raspy but not like the sister.  I actually like the sounds of the two piece diamondwood striker he sends with it better then the 1 piece ebony even though that sounds good also.  It has more young hen in it but it does have killer sound.  This is just my opinion.  Scoot

AndyPrice44

I got my cacklin crystal in the mail today as well. I also ordered one of david's slate calls. The crystal is one fine sounding call and beautifully made. I really like the looks of the laminate he used for this pot. I don't own any of his other calls so I can't compare but, it sure sounds all turkey to me. I would be gald to put up a sound file if someone can PM me and walk me through how to post it to the site.

Andy

REBELYELL

drenalinld

scoot12

here are some pics,  the pics don't do the call justice.  Scoot

drenalinld

AndyPrice44

Here is a sound file of me running the cacklin crystal. My calling isn't the best but, hopefully this will give you an idea of the sound.

Andy

https://soundcloud.com/andyprice44/cackling-crystal-1

REBELYELL

That sounds pretty good on that Cacklin Crystal. How did you make that sound file?

worth612000

That's some good info there. Thanks Scoot and Andy.