OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Any luck with Baikal MP153

Started by jakesdad, January 29, 2014, 02:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakesdad

Anybody have any luck setting up a Baikal MP153 for turkey hunting?All I have is the Trulock turkey XF(.665)choke for it.Just curious what,if any,results you've had with this gun.Thanks.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

surehuntsalot

wish I had bought one of this back when they were around
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

gobblingghost

I have one  with a Sumtoy choke  and #7 shot. I get around 300 shot in 10 " cir at 40 yrds

R AJ

Quote from: surehuntsalot on January 29, 2014, 03:53:21 PM
wish I had bought one of this back when they were around

They are still very much around under EAA or USSG . Buds Gun Shop usually carries them.Still under $400 I think.
They do their job on recoil on 3.5" shells if you go that route. I also believe that Sumtoy can order those for you.

Mine has a C-N-C XXX Full choke and a Trulock 650 . 3 1/2" -2 1/4 oz. 6s are bad medicine.
I also have a 675 choke made by Wilson precision that shoots #4s at 30 yards very nicely.
I let my friend use it last season and  he shot one at about 30 steps and said it was sort of running down the road toward  him and when he shot, it sort of did a back flip and never flopped.

I hate turkeys

I worked one over, scoped gun with an 18" barrel, lengthened forcing cone, polished barrel, Indian Creek choke, shoots Mag Blends in 3 1/2". I carry it when I don't take the SP10.
I love it, birds and coyotes hate it
"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

turkey buster

I have a colonial arms choke for a remington 453 which is the same gun I believe. Funny thing is I don't own the gun anymore