OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone ever tried this product? Bunkerhead facemasks ?

Started by wvboy, January 15, 2014, 09:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvboy

RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

vaturkey

Vaturkey

ericjames

barry

I have trouble with facemasks. I may have to bite the bullet and try one of these

TN Beard Buster

That might be just the ticket for  hunters who wear glasses 24/7 like me. Looks like it would provide enough airflow to keep glasses from fogging up. I might have to look for them at Convention net month.

slamman

socalturkeyman

A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

land cruiser

Just got a couple,  I will let you know how they work after they arrive. Thanks for the tip!

Woodsman4God

Quote from: TN Beard Buster on January 15, 2014, 06:10:19 PM
That might be just the ticket for  hunters who wear glasses 24/7 like me. Looks like it would provide enough airflow to keep glasses from fogging up. I might have to look for them at Convention net month.

x2

I am really curious how those will work wtih glasses, looks easily moveable for using or switching calls

alloutdoors

Facemasks irritate the heck out of my nose, I would definitely like to try these. Unfortunately the selection in their store does not match the claims on the rest of the website (store only offers one material type instead of four, and not all of the listed camo patterns are actually available). If they actually make the mesh fabric available in the pattern I want I'll give it a try.

Also, it looks like it's only $20 for the facemask. If you are looking at the $35 one that includes the piece that goes around the back of the head, which seems unnecessary to me.

davisd9

You can buy a hat with a face mask that does not touch from academy for 10-15 bucks. I have no problems with my face mask. Hope those that get it like it but I am good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

phil33

Hey guys.  I'm new to this forum and am not certain about how the rules work exactly.  But...I am one of the owners of the little family-owned BunkerHead Face mask company and can certainly add some details to the discussion.  Since I am an owner of the company, however, am I permitted to join in the conversation?  Thanks for any guidance.

davisd9

Do not know any reason why you cannot give details as long as it is  not a sales pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

phil33

Thank you Davisd9.  That could be a challenge so perhaps the best approach is for me to just address the questions/comments that have already been raised, and any future questions folks may have.  I do appreciate the opportunity.

Functionality - yes, the BH is designed to eliminate the discomforts (irritations, glass fogging, etc) caused by conventional face masks.  It can be formed to any shape desired: up when actively hunting, down when just hanging out, closer to the face when colder, further when warm., etc.  It is essentially unbreakable.

Hoodie Attachment - One of the unique features is that the BH lets you choose to either cover only your face, or your entire head (a choice not offered by conventional facemasks).  We encourage the hoodie attachment because it connects to the face mask to make for more comfortable hunting in windy or colder conditions.

Price - the BH is unique (patent pending) and really not comparable to conventional face masks. It is called a System because it's actually a lot more than a facemask (e.g. converts hats into leafy caps, holds sunglasses, etc).  It is intended to allow hunters of all types to hunt longer, and more still, because they are more comfortable.  We understand the value of this will have to be determined by each individual.

Camo Patterns - we are partners with Mossy Oak and Real Tree (among others) and offer a variety of the patterns and fabrics.  Unfortunately, as a small family start up, the availability of a given type can be limited.  Alloutdoors, sorry for any confusion, but regarding the bugmesh fabric, we currently offer that in MO Breakup and Brush.

Ok so here is a downside to know.  The BunkerHead is simple, but its simple like riding a bike.  If you remember learning to ride a bike, it took a while but once you got it, you got it.  So...if you do opt to give BH a try, please don't feel bad if it takes you a little practice to master its use for your custom needs.

OK, hopefully this wasn't too sales-pitchy.  I do appreciate everyone's interest and the opportunity to provide some additional details.  If there are any other questions, please feel free to let me know.

Happy Hunting!

alloutdoors

Thanks for the info Phil! I have two questions, first, any chance you will have the bugmesh fabric available in either APG or Obsession for this spring, and second, when you buy the facemask are you getting a hat with the bunkers built in or are the bunkers something you can just attach to a hat you already own?