turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SBE2 optics options

Started by BlakeJ, January 11, 2014, 07:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeJ

I have a SBE2 that isn't drilled and tapped, and I'm wanting to put optics on it.

I can have it drilled and use an eotech that I already have, or I can get a speed bead and use a FF2 that I already have. Any opinions? Other options?

nyhunter

I have a red dot on mine and I love it. It's a Burris speed dot 135 . I have never had a problem with it.

beagler

I have an Aimpoint 9000SC red dot scope on my SBE 2 and love it.

Never Misses

bigbird

I put a tru glo on my sbeII. I haven't tried hunting with it yet, never used optics on a shotgun before so I didn't wanna spend much not knowing if I'd like it. Good luck

hotrod3h

My SBE 2 wasn't drilled & taped this is option I went with.

the Ward

If it's an sbe 2 shouldn't it already be d&t from the factory?If it is I would go with either one of those sights,they are both excellent.I myself would probably go with the Burris ff as it will sit much lower on the receiver and offer a wider field of view.Lot of sbe 2 owners here so I'm sure you will get some good suggestions.

hotrod3h

BlakeJ said it wasn't drilled & taped. Mine wasn't either. Benelli sold sbe 2's not drilled or taped is really kinda hard to believe.  Trust me I'd rather have that option but mine works fine with the saddle mount.

the Ward

Quote from: hotrod3h on January 22, 2014, 01:44:14 PM
BlakeJ said it wasn't drilled & taped. Mine wasn't either. Benelli sold sbe 2's not drilled or taped is really kinda hard to believe.  Trust me I'd rather have that option but mine works fine with the saddle mount.
Your right,my bad,lol!My memory is on the fritz in this cold weather!

GaHitman

Quote from: beagler on January 11, 2014, 05:38:02 PM
I have an Aimpoint 9000SC red dot scope on my SBE 2 and love it.

what size cheek pad is that on your gun? I'm looking to get me one on my sbe iii. Where did you get it?

reynolds243

Sako358

An SBE II Not Drilled and tapped!! Hmmmmm....I would contact Benelli and see if they will pay for the work.
Some of the guys in my hunting club complained about the Burris Speed Bead recoiling back into the web of their hand, between the thumb and forefinger with the regular SBE ComforTech stocks.
Just food for thought.
A drilled and tapped receiver gives you a whole lot more options.
Run & Gun: Benelli SBE 2, Trijicon RMR, IC .710, Hevi 13 #5 Zero 30 yds
Blind Gun:  Benelli SBE 2, Leupold 1.5x5 Circle Dot, Trulock .665, Federal HW #5 Zero 40 yds
Field Gun: Benelli Super Nova, Leupold 6x42, Harris Bipod, IC .670, Federal HW #5 Zero 50 yds

Borden811

Benelli won't pay for crap. Been down that road. The only ones I've ever seen not D&T were the the first ones to come out with the 24 inch barrel. Mine was one of the first ones out, but with a 26 inch barrel, and it's D&T. Good luck with drilling and tapping that reciever. I tried to get my buddies done by a highly respected/recommended gunsmith. He told me it would be no problem. Called me back a week later and told me to come get this demon gun out of his shop. He wrecked over $120 dollars worth of drill bits, taps, etc. and got one hole in the reciever, partially threaded, and three other mangled attempts at holes. Benelli drills and taps the guns before they harden the receivers. After they harden them, they're pretty fierce to get done. I say go with the speed bead mount and don't look back.