OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New turkey call hitting the market

Started by longspurs, January 10, 2014, 08:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longspurs

Culpeper thank you for your kind words and the interest in the call.

USMC0331

I received my call yesterday and practiced with it at work today and I believe it sounds a little better in person. You can sound like a young hen or get raspy with it by changing the angle of the striker and by how much pressure you apply to striker. Not hard to run the call. The kee kee took me a little be longer to learn how to run however as with the cluck, yelp,and purr they sound great. Look forward to getting a turkey with it this year.

Charley B

Quote from: USMC0331 on January 22, 2014, 07:21:56 PM
I received my call yesterday and practiced with it at work today and I believe it sounds a little better in person. You can sound like a young hen or get raspy with it by changing the angle of the striker and by how much pressure you apply to striker. Not hard to run the call. The kee kee took me a little be longer to learn how to run however as with the cluck, yelp,and purr they sound great. Look forward to getting a turkey with it this year.

I agree, when you find the sweet spot on the marble, it sound really good.  Especially when you want to do a low volume yelp.  Verry cool type of call.

goblr77

That call sounds like a turkey in the video. Very impressed.

Turkey Havoc

Would like to know how the call fared at the calling contest. Sure sounds good in the videos on-line.

Stephen H Spraberry

Charley B

And i'm the freaking crazy Canuck who order one in Quebec heheheh (around min 8 on the video)
LOL  :you_rock:
Yes, we do have turkeys up here hehehehehehe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLkHf8AxtCA

longspurs

Charley B had to poke a little fun at you glad you are enjoying the call stay in touch send me some videos . Culpeper Mark Sharpe really had a great time hanging out with you , great bunch of guys . Had a great time met a lot of people that has my call and love it and l am very thankful. I don't want people to think l have to sell them a call because l don't have to but l would like for a few to experience what l have seen this call do. I have had the best last 2 seasons of my 40 years of turkey hunting l believe l have ever had using this call plus killing the 2 inch alabama state record was not bad. Good luck to all you old turkey hunters bout forgot about Jeff McKamey hope you enjoy your call.

savduck

Georgia Boy

mwr

Quote from: Turkey Havoc on February 16, 2014, 03:53:29 PM
Would like to know how the call fared at the calling contest. Sure sounds good in the videos on-line.
How did you do???? 

longspurs

The guy wanted to use it for the Kee Kee  in his routine I was not there,but heard he had a slip up on a pot call that cost him. I think maybe he should of stuck with mine a little more . I was just honored that he called and asked could he use it in the contest.

Turkey Trot

Garry:

In what part of Bammer are you located?

It's an interesting call.  This is the intro video to see first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2d8cqyFMOs
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

longspurs

I live just outside Jemison about half way between Birmingham and Montgomery

tomstopper

Sounds great. Going to think about getting one.....

Wingboneman

I dont see any way on his site to order it. Talked to Garry on phone and he said it was.. for the life of me i dont see it. just a email address. any one see it ?

Turkey Trot

I did not see the address in the "Contact Us" section either, which is why I posted the inquiry above as to his part of Bammer. 
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter