OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How Many States?

Started by Gooserbat, December 20, 2013, 10:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

The most birds in a year thread got me to thinking, how many states have you turkey hunted in a year, and how many were you successful in?

Last season I hunted 4, and killed in all 4

OK, MO. KS, CO

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jakesdad

Only 1,home state of MO :'(  But on the positive side I'm batting a 1.000,cause I've killed a bird in every state i've hunted :icon_thumright:

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

TRKYHTR

The most i've hunted in 1 year was 4. My first out of state hunt was NM and I didn't kill a turkey. Also the first time I went to FL I didn't kill but I've killed a turkey in every other state that I have hunted which is 17.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

stinkpickle

Three different states several times....not the same three every year, though.  Different combinations.  :)

redarrow

Hunted KY. a few times and have taken only one there. I usually only get to hunt my home state of MI.

danny

I live in Missouri so have killed a lot of birds here....Kansas twice, 4 birds....Texas, killed 2.....Nebraska hunted there twice killed 4....South Dakota, twice, killed 4....Florida once, Killed 4............Danny

Rokhal07

4/4 Fl, Ks, Wy,Tn. Also did 3/3 in Tx/Sd and Tn. Best 2 years for me personally

Spring Creek Calls

I've hunted 3 states a year several times and have been successful in all 3 more times than not. All my out of state hunts have been self guided, public land hunts. States I've hunted and shot birds are IN, OH, MO, KS, SD and my home state of MI. For me, the toughest public land hunt was southern IN.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Gobble!

I only get to hunt in two states and have never not killed in each.

VA_Birdhunter

As of right now I hunt in two states...VA and WV.  I have killed turkey in both states....but I've killed a bunch in my home state of VA.    Lord willing and he blesses me to make some trips I want to at FL to the top of my list as well as KY and TN. 

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

perrysbirds

Ive killed birds here in Ontario and south of the border in the only two states Ive ever hunted......Wyoming and South Dakota
Ive got a date with Florida in March....
If I aint out shooting deer
Im home drinking beer

paintbrush

Most states I have hunted in one year was 4. Florida, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. I took birds in all 4 states that year. I've also taken birds in Kansas and Missouri.

jblackburn

I've hunted in MO, KY, OK, KS, CO, and WA. Taken birds in all but CO.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

vaturkey

I hunted 8 states one year & killed birds in 7 of them ! Could have killed a bird in the other state but they were jakes & I let them walk !

vaturkey    :newmascot:
Vaturkey

strut2

I hunted in 4 states this past year. Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska and Pennsylvania. I hunted public ground in all four states. I passed on approximately 30 different jakes in Oklahoma. I never did see a long beard the three days that I spent there and couldn't believe the amount of jakes. This would be a great year to hunt Oklahoma, should be a bunch of two year olds around. After Oklahoma I spent three days in Kansas and harvested two 4+ year old birds. Then spent 2 days in Nebraska told a 2 year old there. Hunted my home state of PA and took two nice gobblers here as well.