turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Phil Robertson on the gay lifestyle.

Started by Hognutz, December 18, 2013, 02:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Brad , I read the article you posted and it shed quite a bit of light on the situation - it anonymously injected the Robertsons opinion on the behind he scene politics of A&E - they claim the show was fabricated as a laugh fest , to make fun of backward hillbillies .....their view reminds  me of the show MTV had where they got Paris Hilton and her sidekick to show up in downtrodden homes and workplaces in a apparent conceptual rip off of the 1960's show " Green Acres"  placing people in poor people situations and laughing their arses of at Zsa Zsa Gabore types as they slog through pig poop -  only problem is Phil is a very likeable person , and no pushover , just look at they guy , I'm sure some tv executives are frustrated with dealing with a stubborn person like him , the man just doesn't care for people like that ---I do recall Phil publicly stating that he did not care if A&E offered millions , he would not film during duck season ( go check your calendars ..... It's duck season folks) I'm sure Phil couldn't give a hoot --  Who cares about being politically correct , so they are offended at Phil's comments TOO BAD !!! The rest of the country is tired of being manipulated , what is the gay community going to try next ? Re - write the Bible ? It's plain as day what they do and how they live is wrong , not only is it wrong .... It's their problem , not ours they need to deal with their psychological issues on their own , instead of trying to legitimize sin

A&E (an initialism for its former name, the Arts & Entertainment Network[1]), is an American cable and satellite television channel that serves as the flagship television property of A+E Networks, a joint venture between the Hearst Corporation and Disney–ABC Television Group (both of which maintain a 50% ownership interest). The channel is headquartered in New York City and operates offices in Atlanta, Georgia; Chicago, Illinois; Detroit, Michigan; London, England; Los Angeles, California and Stamford, Connecticut.[2][3][4][5] The U.S. version of the channel is shown in Canada while international versions exist for Australia and Latin America. The network plans a major launch in Europe during 2014 with several local versions.[citation needed]

If its true what they say , the whole thing just backfired on A&E  , I hope that the Robertsons drop A&E for breach of contract , or just simply don't renew their contract , and run over to another network. Disney owns history channel also....., I would settle for firing the executives that decided to suspend Phil

Either way I bet rival networks are lining up to get a chance at making a deal with Phil Robertson  ( Fox is a big rival of abc .....)
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

ILIKEHEVI-13

Shannon,

I agree.

I also think Fox would be the best choice for the Robertson's.  At least they are a lot better supporters of the way most people think.  At least that's what I see.   

ILIKEHEVI-13

M Sharpe

Just read on another site where Cracker Barrell is removing Duck Dynasty material.....

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/12/21/cracker-barrel-pulls-duck-dynasty-merchandise/%20http://www.osageroost.com/forums/index.php/topic,15823.15.html
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Deputy 14

VA_Birdhunter

Here is a link to the American Family Association who is getting signature for a letter to Phil to show support.  Just thought some might want to sign up. 

http://action.afa.net/Detail.aspx?id=2147542106

Sorry if someone has already posted this.

God Bless 
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

pappy

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,39509.0.html
I would suggest everyone to take the time to read my devotional for Sunday. As history is constantly repeating itself, and will continue to do so, unless WE make a change take place and God knows this. Many a good man has taken up the cause, Phil is one and many will follow.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

redleg06

I didnt read all the replies here but two things that burn me up about this deal:

#1 -  It's extremely hypocritical that the same group that preaches "open-mindedness" is only "open-minded" if someone's personal beliefs align with their own.

#2 - Being Politically correct.   I get tired of it. There's a time and a place for everything to be said but the man didnt attack anyone with his beliefs, he simply stated what they were. If phil had stated he didnt believe in Christianity, this would be no big deal. The only time it's NOT taboo in this country to toss political correctness out the window is when you are discussing the white race or in some form or fashion, denouncing Christianity.  Prove me wrong. When's the last time an Atheist caused this kind of stir when stating their beliefs? 

I'm not racist and I'm relatively open-minded to homosexuality, although I dont personally embrace it and do believe it's a sin. However; I respect that we live in a free country and that everyone has to live their own life as they see fit. I wont try to tell someone else that they are wrong for doing it/ believing in it etc., or stop someone else from doing it or press my beliefs on them. Where I get irritated is when that same respect isnt given back to me and we are called closed minded or persecuted for NOT sharing their beliefs.

Kylongspur88

I read the article twice. It was a hack piece.

Phills the man, god bless him!!

M Sharpe

Revelations 3:15 & 16
This is what's wrong with us today!!! Phil took a stance and this is unexceptable in today's society. Phil can't sholder this all by himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

ILIKEHEVI-13

Now Jesse jackson is trying to weigh in his thought on this matter.  I think Jesse better worry about making a honest person out of his son first.   :funnyturkey:

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Old Gobbler

Jessie Jackson is worthy of the effort to talk about , he is a sellout ..... Shake down artist who has made a living swindling corporations and the public as a whole -- anything Jackson says is pure bs
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Hognutz

Amen to that, Shannon.. The guy is a total Puke..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.