OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NATIVE TROUT FISHING AND CAMPING

Started by GOLD HUNTER, October 01, 2013, 02:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

Well guys, Debbie & I went camping for 11 days in the Alleghany Mountains in VA.  Debbie stayed the first 4 nights but had to leave to go back to work and wasn't able to come back till the following weekend.  So I had invited Rick "VATURKEY" to spend the next 5 days at the camp and we would go fishing for native brooks, native rainbows and native browns in some of the streams in the area.  All the places we fished were within 25 miles of where we were camping at Lake Moomaw.  Some places we had to walk in 2-3 miles to fish the stream.  We caught native brook trout that were from 9" to 16".  We got a lot of native rainbows from 9"-12". We also caught a few native browns:  (2) 10" and (1) 16". The browns are rare and extremely hard to catch in this area.  In all we caught, released and kept 71 native trout.  Rick fried up trout 2 nights, I cooked T-bones 1 night and we had wild turkey too.  We had bacon and eggs every morning for breakfast too.  We had a great week fishing in the mountains of VA and this was our last fishing trip of the season.  Even Pixie the guard dog got to take a walk at the lake.  I'll let Rick comment on some of the other things we did.  Hope you enjoy the pics.

DAY 2 OF FISHING

DAY 3

VIDEO OF MR. STAN POTTS TROUT FISHING.........   :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

danny

sounds like a good time.  I love that trout fishing....Danny

vaturkey

That was an AWESOME trip for sure ! Good company with good people ! Folks we also seen a Bear, a Bobcat, Turkey, Deer, Squirrels & a Wild Lookin Crazy Eyed Women !  :TooFunny:

vaturkey    :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Hognutz

Looking good, boys. Some of those brookies were stinkin' pigs. Nothin' better than a pan fried brook trout. Heck ya..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

TRKYHTR

Looks like great fun. Nice pics of Stan Potts. Ricky looks like he trout fishes like he turkey hunts, Successfully.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

tomstopper

Very Nice. Congrats to you both on an awesome time......

catdaddy

owlhoot

great pics , looked like a great time

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

hookedspur

Reminds me of Home {WV}
Looks like a Great time was had by all.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

pappy

:blob10: :blob10: Now that is two plain Ol' Cuntry Boys having a plain Ol' Good Time in the wiles of Nature!  :blob10: :blob10:  Looks like the trout were hungry....the dog was thirsty .... and the scenery was fantastic....the video...well, that is another story, I laughed till I cried....any good Television Fishing Host would have said "CUT!" before he stuck his finger in the trout's stomach...Hahahahaha....but all in all I am glad you two had a blast and sure wish I was there to stand next to you guys....love ya bro., Jack
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

redarrow

I avoided reading this post cause I knew I would be jealous.I was right. Man that looks like a great time. Congrats fellas.

troutfisher13111

Awesome! Beautiful trout and country

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

ILIKEHEVI-13

I enjoyed the pictures and the video. 

Looks like somebody did major surgery on the fish video.   :lol: