OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Win Long Beard XR???

Started by stinkpickle, September 19, 2013, 10:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

i like the idea but at $20ish for a box the bottom line is it is still a lead load.  I will prob try a box just to see how it patterns though

CrustyRusty

trkehunr93

That pattern picture in the article at 40 yards was impressive.  I would rather pay $20 for 10 shells than 30.00 for 5 H13's!

owlhoot

SOME ONE SOON ? , will be trying this with hs, hw, tss.

surehuntsalot

looks like a another shell to try out
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I wonder if it will really beat the Turkey Thugs at twice the price?

R AJ

It is not available in 20 gauge nor even 2 3/4" 12 gauge.

Looks like a good shell for 20 ga and 2 3/4" 12 ,especially in those guns that just weren't holding a tight enough pattern.

Already hearing buckshot guys dreaming of tighter patterns on hogs, deer , bear and yotes.

They have excessive ranges in the ad for my taste. #6s at 70 yards? Come on now. It will punch holes in paper at that distance I agree.

owlhoot

have to agree, 70 yards with 6 lead, 1200 fps, not very ethical.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

But the question remains, can a $2 Lead #6 Shell really pattern like a $6 Hevi13 #6 Shell at 40 Yards?

The pattern picture in that article sure looks like a Hevi13 #6 pattern.  If that's a Lead shell, then Winchester has really achieved something.  That would put a major dent in HTL sales numbers.

vt35mag

I will be giving them a shot.

davisd9

These shells lose their creditability with me when they stated they were good out to 70 yards.  40 is pushing it with a lead #6.  If I was to try these I would try the 5s but just a gimick in my opinion.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

R AJ

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on September 26, 2013, 10:39:45 PM
But the question remains, can a $2 Lead #6 Shell really pattern like a $6 Hevi13 #6 Shell at 40 Yards?

The pattern picture in that article sure looks like a Hevi13 #6 pattern.  If that's a Lead shell, then Winchester has really achieved something.  That would put a major dent in HTL sales numbers.

You surely can't knock the #6 pattern that they show at 40 yards whether it be lead, H-13, TSS or whatever.

Since #6 lead is still formidable at 40 yards I have no problem using it in a 12 gauge. It is the 20 ga. that limits itself in lead at 40 yards in pattern only; the velocity and energy are there. Winchester seems to have  a stubbornness about the 20 gauge in turkey loads. My guess is that they will see how this shell sells before sticking the neck out any further. My hope is that they will make #6 shot available in 20 gauge in this load.

outdoors

:icon_thumright:   hope is that they will make #6 shot available in 20 gauge in this load.   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field