OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

10 beard - display

Started by derek, July 15, 2013, 06:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derek

Thought I'd share.  I got some crap on here for cutting the beards off the 10 beard I killed this spring and not putting him on the wall.. well this is what I had in mind when I did it.  Personally, I think this shows off the beards much better than a full body mount ever would have, and puts a lot of emphasis on the spurs as well which can also be tough to really show off on a full body mount.  Hope ya'll like it.

www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

gobblerfreak

beagler

Never Misses

slamman

great display, but why didn't you mount the bird?

tomstopper

Fullfan

D looks good brother, how about a pic of the hawg from last year.....
Don't gobble at me...

Rokhal07

Looks great. Im always impressed w displays that are unique

canadatom

RutnNStrutn

That's a unique idea! I like it!! :icon_thumright:
Not at all taking away from your 10 beard, he was quite the trophy. But I agree with you about the mount. Since those extra 9 beards were on the short and thin side, they wouldn't have stood out like some multi-beards that have multiple full size beards. I think you made the right choice, and have a very cool, and original trophy design there!  :icon_thumright:

derek

Yep, 3 of those beards for sure wouldn't break through the feathers and it would have been tough to really show what it was.  2011 I killed a 7 beard that did make it to the wall.  His beards had a little more length to them and were able to show them all successfully.  Here's that bird.

www.thebaysidelegion.com

RutnNStrutn

That's a heck of a mount!! Looks great!! :icon_thumright:
I can't see any spurs on it though. Is it because they blend in with the wood, or did he not have any?
Looks like you hunt one heck of an area!! 10 beard, 7 beard, and looks like a nice double beard in your avatar.

derek

The 7 was a 2 yr old, only 3/4" spurs and hard to see at that angle. 

As for the area, the 10, 7 and double beard in my avatar actually came from 3 different states.  I've been fairly lucky when it comes to multibeards. 

www.thebaysidelegion.com

Illini Tom

nice lookin display and thats a great full mount.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
congrats again on both trophy birds  :you_rock:

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: derek on July 16, 2013, 02:35:33 PMI've been fairly lucky when it comes to multibeards. 
I'd say so!! ;D :lol:

BoWhoop

Hey Bud it looks great, you made the right call saving it the way you did.  The only thing I would have done different, and you could still do it, would be to add a pic or two inside the shadow box.  That's quite the trophy.