Main Menu

Any poult sightings?

Started by busta biggun, June 28, 2013, 11:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalturkeyman

A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

swamp_bird89

They are all over the place down here in Central Florida.

lonnie sneed jr.

I am in southern WV, I have seen one hen with 13 polts. This is the only hen that I have seen with polts, but  she was crossing the road with them. So much rain the farmers are very laste cutting there hay. I have seen several hens in the fields but grass was to high to say if they had polts with them or not. 

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

TRKYHTR

I saw these 2 hens with 6 poults today.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Hawkfarm

Only a single poult with this hen.  We've got several hens without poults.  We need a good year for a change.

Rokhal07

Just saw a hen and five poults. Couldnt get a picture because was driving. East tn here

Tail Feathers

I haven't been back to the woods but once since turkey season.  Didn't see any then but they may have still been sitting nests.  I need to remedy that and get out on my next day off.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

dirtnap

I am seeing many hens without any poults in SC.  I know there is still time, but the weather has not been good.

ShotGunSniper

My brother in law ran over a hen in a hay field the other day. He also said that he ran over afew nest in that field also. This flock is the same one that I took the boss tom from this past Spring. Im hoping he did not got all of the nest from this flock. I will be hunting them next spring again. BUT I have not seen any poults yet.
Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag

Kylongspur88

Saw a bunch cutting hay. They were big enough they could get airborn out of the field.

WV TURKEY THUG

Saw a hen yesterday that had 8 poults watched them for about 20 min they were pretty small. Most I've seen with a hen this year.

Fatbeard

Seen lots here in East TN! More than average.
East TN Beard Buster

beagler

Haven't seen a single poult in my area yet, only broodless hens I'm afraid the heavy rains we received this spring took their toll. :(
Never Misses

jaybird

I saw 3 hens with a total of 6 poults in Rappahannock Co., Virginia. Two of the poults were from an earlier hatch than the other 4.

turkeybow

I have seen one hen with 6 poults about the size of quail.  That was towards the beginning of June.  Getting lots of reports of hens with poults that same size now.  Seems to be a late hatch here in West TN.
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold