OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A major storm

Started by allaboutshooting, June 26, 2013, 08:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

We are currently having one of the most powerful storms I've seen. It's out of the north, very unusual for us. Most of our weather comes from the west.

Trees are really blowing and rain is coming in huge sheets. We're also having a lot of lightening and thunder. We're under a severe thunderstorm warning, so we'll keep our eyes open.

Our television reception is out, we have Dish, so no real news on what's happening.

I've just never seen big trees blow so much.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

redarrow

What state are you in Clark ?

allaboutshooting

Quote from: redarrow on June 26, 2013, 08:39:14 PM

Southern Illinois. We are south of St. Louis about 90 minutes east.

Thanks,
Clark

MAKEemQUIVER

Hitting us right now Clark, wind isn't real bad but man the lightning is rough. Hope everything is ok out your way.
Go Big Blue!!!!!!

DirtNap647

redarrow

Quote from: allaboutshooting on June 26, 2013, 08:47:20 PM
Quote from: redarrow on June 26, 2013, 08:39:14 PM

Southern Illinois. We are south of St. Louis about 90 minutes east.

Thanks,
Clark

I seen the report on the news awhile ago . You guys are getting hammered. We are getting some of it in lower Mich. too.

BamaProud

Damage reports from 6/26 Nationally 190 damaging wind reports and 23 hail reports(greater than 1 inch in diameter) 1 tornado:

IL reports...sorry for the all caps, its a copy/paste job:
SALEM    MARION    IL   3863   8895   HAIL WAS MOSTLY HALF DOLLAR SIZED ... WITH SOME AS LARGE AS GOLFBALL (LSX)

FAIRMONT CITY    ST. CLAIR    IL   3865   9010   LARGE TREES AND POWER LINES DOWN ... TIME ESTIMATED FROM RADAR. REPORT RELAYED VIA KMOV (LSX)

2 E CARTERVILLE    WILLIAMSON    IL   3776   8905   NUMEROUS LARGE TREES DOWN AND BROKEN TREES WEST OF WILLIAMSON CO AIRPORT. OLD FAIRFIELD ROAD BLOCKED BY DOWNED TREE ABOUT 1 MI WEST OF AP. REPORTED ABOUT 7 PM. (PAH)

2 E MOUNT VERNON    JEFFERSON    IL   3832   8887   NUMEROUS LARGE TREES DOWN AND BROKEN TREES WEST OF AIRPORT. OLD FAIRFIELD ROAD BLOCKED BY DOWNED TREE ABOUT 1 MI WEST OF AIRPORT. REPORTED ABOUT 7 PM. (PAH)

2 NNE VALMEYER    MONROE    IL   3833   9030   3 FOOT DIAMETER TREE SNAPPED AT BASE ALONG BLUFF ROAD ... TIME ESTIMATED FROM RADAR (LSX)

ALTO PASS    UNION    IL   3757   8932   SEVERAL TREES ON CARS AND HOMES (PAH)
Save the Little ones for the Little Ones.

ShotGunSniper

Wonder why Im not getting it. Western Kentucky here. Not that Im waitin it. Im sure I will get it now, since I just asked that. Yeah, keep safe
Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag

MAKEemQUIVER

Got called out around midnight and we wrapped most everything up around 10 this morning. Couple of broke poles but we were lucky, could have been worse for sure.
Go Big Blue!!!!!!

Tail Feathers

Hang tight and hope it ends soon! :anim_25:

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

mikejd

Be safe clark. That sounds like the hammering I took here in NJ yesterday. Rain so heavy that it actually looked like smoke. Then hail and wind. Only thing is that with all the storms of late most of the weak trees have already come down. Good luck.

allaboutshooting

All that weather is right where we are. We had limbs down, pretty much all over and some other damage to bushes, etc. but otherwise were very fortunate.

Sorry to be late in my replies. I've been out cleaning up the area.

Thanks again,
Clark

renegade19

Clark, I'm guessing that you're far enough north that you  missed the "inland Hurricane" or dericho  in 09?  I've never seen anything like that.  We had 100mph + straight line winds for 20 minutes in Williamson county that day.

IowaGobblers

We got a solid part of those storms earlier here in eastern Iowa. They were pretty rough. Hope everyone stays safe.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: renegade19 on June 28, 2013, 06:34:45 PM
Clark, I'm guessing that you're far enough north that you  missed the "inland Hurricane" or dericho  in 09?  I've never seen anything like that.  We had 100mph + straight line winds for 20 minutes in Williamson county that day.

Our property is close to the Jackson/Williamson County line and we were right in the middle of that. We lost hundreds of trees, 3 roofs (house, garage/work shop & shed) 1 vehicle and were without power for about 8 days. The hail storm the day before caused a lot of damage as well.

My shooting range had 120' trees down and I spent literally weeks with a chainsaw cutting up trees and hauling them away. I built a lot of brush piles which helped to bring back quail and rabbits.

As you know, it looked like a nuclear attack. We were fortunate however because friends from Perry County brought a generator and kept our vital appliances running and helped us have repairs made very quickly.

I've never seen so many blue tarps. You could drive from our place to Carterville and follow the path of the inland hurricane.

Thanks,
Clark